Main

Video Games
Films
Cartoon
Comics
Music
Advertisements
Merchandise
Features
Interviews
Miscellaneous

Interactive

Forums
Mailbag
Fan Fiction
Fan Art

Contributors

Hosted Sites

DD II Shrine

 

 

 

Double Dragon Mysteries

By Scott "Space Ace" Oliverson
Contributor

Chapters 1-3 | Chapters 4-6

Author's Note: A crossover based on the characters from the animated cartoon series Double Dragon and other characters from other fighting videogames, comic books, etc., combined together for the first time solving mysteries of the unknown, the fifth dimension, the supernatural...

CAST OF CHARACTERS
-------------------------------------
Billy Lee "Dragon Warrior" (Blond haired brother; Double Dragon cartoon series & videogames)
Jimmy Lee "Dragon Warrior" (Black haired brother; Double Dragon cartoon series & videogames)
Ryu Hoshi "Karate Master" (Street Fighter cartoon series, comic books & videogames)
Ken Masters "Karate Master" (Street Fighter cartoon series, comic books & videogames)
Ninjara "Lady Fox Samauri" (Archie's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventure comics)
Chun Li "Kung Fu Mistress" (Street Fighter cartoon series, comic books & videogames)
Aleu "Female Wolf Mascot" (Balto 2 Wolf's Quest animated movie)


EPISODE I "The Gruesome Goblin"

INTRODUCTION: Surf's up, Aleu!  The gang from Mystery Incorporated is headed to the Ocean Land water park for fun in the sun.  But when they arrive, they discover the theme park is about to shut down!  A sea creature is haunting all the attractions - scaring away the customers.  Looks like the first of many mysteries for Ryu, Ken, Li, Ninjara, Billy, Jimmy and Aleu to experience.  Can they get to the bottom of this watery weirdness???

The sun was shining as Billy Lee drove the Dragonmobile down the highway, a Hummer "H2" all terrain vehicle.  Everyone in the van was wearing sunglasses.

KEN MASTERS
     Man, I thought the sun would never come out again.
CHUN LI
     Even though I don't like to exaggerate, I have to agree with Kenny.  Those two straight weeks of rain and cloudy overcast skies      were the worst.
NINJARA
     You said it, Li.  Now we can finally use our season passes to Ocean Land.
BILLY LEE
     And speaking of Ocean Land, there it is.

     He, the blond-haired brother of Jimmy Lee pointed to a large, blue water tower in the distance.  The tower stood amid a tangle of tubes, slides and other attractions.

KEN MASTERS
     Hey, Aleu, we're almost there!  Let's get ready.
NINJARA <Confused>
     But they're already wearing bathing suits.  What do you think they have to do to get ready?
JIMMY LEE
     I'm afraid to find out myself, vixen.

     Billy drove past a huge Ocean Land sign and Ryu Hoshi noticed a familiar figure displayed on it.

RYU HOSHI
     Hey, is that Tippy Torrance's picture?  I did not know he was associated with Ocean Land.

     At the same time, Ken and Aleu the female shewolf poked their heads up front.  Each wore mask and snorkel.

KEN MASTERS
     Duh, who's Tippy Torrance?

     Jimmy, Ninjara and Li looked around to discover the karate master of San Francisco and shewolf were dressed in wet suits.

CHUN LI
     I know I'm going to regret I asked this.  But why are you two wearing wet suits?
ALEU
     For the Flume Plume.  We don't want to get too wet.
NINJARA
     But we are going to a water park.  You are supposed to get wet.
KEN MASTERS
     I know that, do I look stupid? <Frowns>  Besides, this way we can keep our snacks dry when we go on the attractions.  Show them, mascot.

     Aleu reached into her wet suit and pulled out a mushed peanut butter, banana, chocolate chip deli sandwich.

JIMMY LEE
     Oh, good grief. <Rolls his eyes>
KEN MASTERS
     Who's Troppy Tippance?
BILLY LEE
     Correction, Tippy Torrance.  She's a swimmer who won four gold medals at the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games.
RYU HOSHI
     It looks like she's doing celebrity endorsements for Ocean Land.
KEN MASTERS
     That's cool, so while Aleu and I are on the Flume Plume, what are you doing today?
NINJARA
     Billy, Ryu and I are going to check out the Surfer's Lagoon.
CHUN LI
     Jimmy and I are interested in the Wave Pool.  I want to test one of my theories about the frequency and amplitude of certain wave formations.
JIMMY LEE
     You got that right, kung fu mistress.

     As Billy drove into the parking lot, he noticed a trail of cars, trucks, RV campers, Volkswagen bugs heading out in the opposite direction.

CHUN LI
     That's strange, it's barely 11 a.m. and look at those people already leaving.

     Billy found a spot near the front gate and parked the hummer.  As the gang exited, the vixen walked to a woman who was leaving with her children.

NINJARA
     Excuse me, Madame.  But my friends just got here.  Is everything all right?
JIMMY LEE
     Is the park closed?
WOMAN VISITOR
     I don't know, but it should be.  The Whirlpool adventure got so rough my kids were tossed from their tubes.  The waves in the Wave Pool kept knocking everybody over.  This place is not safe!

     Then she angrily walked away with her son and daughter hurrying after her to catch up.

CHUN LI
     They'll probably shut down those two attractions and keep the rest of the park open.
KEN MASTERS
     As long as the Flume Plume is still running, nothing will keep Aleu and I from Ocean Land.

     Just then a loud scream pierced the air, making everybody jump in shock, including Aleu who yelped in terror and leaped into her master's arms.

ALEU
     Except that!

Part 2

     The gang showed their passes and ran through the entry gates.  There they saw a little boy crying his eyes out.  He stood in front of a snowcone stand with a pile of greenish ice in his hand.  His angry mother was beside him yelling.

WOMAN VISITOR
     Where is the park manager?  I demand to see the manager, I'm going to call my lawyer!

     A woman in a blue-yellow Ocean Land jumpsuit hurried over.  After a few moments of conversation the boy stopped crying and the mother smiled, even laughed.  As they walked back into the park, the woman in the Ocean Land uniform began examining the snow cone stand.

NINJARA
     Hey, that's Tippy Torrance!  I wonder how she stopped that boy from crying?
JIMMY LEE
     There's only one way to find out. <Approaches the stand>  Excuse me, Ms. Torrance.
TIPPY TORRANCE
     Oh, call me Tippy.  How can I help you?
JIMMY LEE
     My friends and I were wondering how you managed to get that boy to stop crying.
CHUN LI
     Yes, he seemed pretty upset.
TIPPY TORRANCE
     He sure was.  He said some weird-looking creature in an Ocean Land costume served him the snow cone flavor of the month.  Then the creature laughed and ran away.  I told him that was how we picked the winners of the Ocean Land season pass contest.
BILLY LEE
     Wow, I did not know there was a season pass contest.
TIPPY TORRANCE
     There is now.  I had to come up with something to keep these folks happy in the park.  We've had lots of mysterious occurrences lately and they're beginning to affect attendance.
UNSEEN VOICE
     Then maybe it's time for you to bail out of Ocean Land.  No sense having your good name tarnished by a bad water park, eh?
TIPPY TORRANCE <Angrily confronts speaker>
     Well, if it isn't Bruno Meisterhoffen.  Listen, Bruno, I bought Ocean Land to make it the best family amusement water park in the world.  I'm not going to let anything scare me away.
BRUNO MEISTERHOFFEN
     Suit yourself, <Laughs> get it?  Suit yourself, as in swimsuit?  You are a famous swimmer.

     This made Ken and Aleu start giggling uncontrollably while Ryu, Li, Billy, Jimmy and Ninjara stood in stunned silence.

BRUNO MEISTERHOFFEN
     At least hear me out, Tippy.  I've purchased that old industrial park down the street.  I'll have the Bruno Meisterhoffen Water Polo stadium built next summer.  With your power and my money, we can host the International Water Polo Finals.

     He fumbled in his pockets for something.  He took out a piece of paper and unfolded it, then held it up for all to see.  Tippy looked at the picture and gasped in shock.

TIPPY TORRANCE
     Wait a minute, that's...no, it can't be!
KEN MASTERS
     Is that you? <Looks at picture>  Whooooohoooo!
BRUNO MEISTERHOFFEN
     Wearing the official water polo uniform of the Meisterhoffen Plumbing Supply water polo team.
TIPPY TORRANCE
     I have never worn a swimsuit like that before.  Where did you get that photo?
BRUNO MEISTERHOFFEN
     Easy, I took that picture of you from the Ocean Land brochure and scanned it into my computer.  Then it was a matter of a few mouse clicks to create this, heh-heh-heeh.

     Tippy began turning red with anger, how dare her best friend embarrass, insult her like that?

TIPPY TORRANCE
     Excuse me, Bruno. <Tries to hold back her anger>  I have work to do.

     With that she turned and walked quickly away to attend to another family walking toward the EXIT.

BRUNO MEISTERHOFFEN
     Oh, I assure you she'll come around in the end. <He walks away, whistling a happy tune>
NINJARA
     I wonder what kind of creature would dress up like a snow cone salesman.
KEN MASTERS
     Take a look, samurai.

     The dragon brothers, Hoshi, kung fu mistress and vixen all turned as one and saw Aleu standing behind the stand.  She wore a pointed snow cone hat over her wetsuit.

ALEU
     Ahem, anyone care for snow cones?
CHUN LI
     Ha-ha, very funny, shewolf.  This is no time for joking around.
KEN MASTERS
     I'll say. It's time for water fun!

Part 3

     Ken Masters and Aleu ran toward the Flume Plume.  As they passed the Water Playground, a guy on a skateboard zipped out of nowhere.  Ken and Aleu ducked as the skater flew into the air over their heads, landed and slid to a perfect stop.

ZIGGY BONES
     Awesome! <Then apologizes>  Sorry for that, totally my fault, dudes.  I so wasn't looking where I was going.  Are you okay?
ALEU
     Yeah, sort of. <Frowns, eyes narrowed>
KEN MASTERS
     Uh, I don't think you're going to be.  Look who's coming. <He points>

     The skater turned to see Tippy running over, anger on her face.

ZIGGY BONES
     Oops, busted.
TIPPY TORRANCE
     Ziggy Bones, how many times must I tell you not to ride your skateboard in my park?
ZIGGY BONES
     I can't help it.  My board has a mind of its own.
TIPPY TORRANCE
     I warned you the next time I caught you fooling around, riding that stupid toy in here I was going to confiscate it.  Hand it over!
ZIGGY BONES
     Harsh, dudette, very harsh.
NINJARA
     What's going on here?  Did Kenny and the mascot get into trouble?
TIPPY TORRANCE
     No, he did. <Glares at Bones>
ZIGGY BONES
     I plead guilty, your honor. <Raises hand>
TIPPY TORRANCE
     Very funny...Ziggy thinks Ocean Land is his skateboard park, even though he knows it's dangerous.
ZIGGY BONES
     That's because there are all these people playing in water.  Take away the water and this place would make a supreme-o skateboarder's paradise.  Just look around, Tippy.  The Flume Plume, Whirlpool, even the Lazy River is like the half-pike.  Take it from the Zigster, this place could become the center of the skateboard-inline rollerblade universe.

     Before Tippy could answer, Billy noticed something on the ground next to the skateboard.

BILLY LEE
     I wonder what this is?
ZIGGY BONES
     That's my, um, skateboard license.  I'll take that.

     But before he could get it, Tippy snatched it from Billy.  She unfolded the paper, rolled her eyes.

ZIGGY BONES
     It's just something I was messing around with on the computer.
CHUN LI
     Oh, no...it's another picture of you, Tippy.
TIPPY TORRANCE
     Only in this one I'm wearing rollerblades instead of a water polo uniform.
JIMMY LEE
     Gee, and I figured the first photo was better than this one.
ZIGGY BONES
     It's just an idea, not an insult.
TIPPY TORRANCE
     I know you mean well, Ziggy. <Smiles>  But I'm a swimmer, not a skateboarder.  You can pick up your toy at the security office later.
ZIGGY BONES
     The Zigster is saddened to hear that.  Maybe you'll change your mind one day.  When you do, I'll be ready. <Trudged away>
NINJARA
     Golly, Torrance.  It seems everyone wants you to do something for them.
TIPPY TORRANCE
     I know, Ninjara.  Ever since I won those medals at the Sydney Games, people only see me as a way to make a fortune.  They don't realize I'm not into that sort of thing.

     Then her hand-held radio squawked, telling her she was needed elsewhere.

TIPPY TORRANCE
     Oops, gotta run. Catch you later! <Then she ran away>
KEN MASTERS
     The Flume Plume?  That's where Aleu and I wish to go.
RYU HOSHI
     I hope everything's okay over there.
BILLY LEE
     Only one way to find out.  Let's go.