[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Double Dragon Dojo Forums • View topic - Another DD fangame

Double Dragon Dojo Forums

The discussion area for "the greatest martial arts series ever."
It is currently Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another DD fangame
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:30 pm 
Black Belt

I know you can make that happen. Even though Williams knocked her out with a single punch, overtime she became a cop so she should be a lot stronger by now.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:51 am 
Red Belt

Time for a preview of a new stage/new move (been pretty busy lately guys!!)

which one looks better for a stage?

-now the three main chars (billy, bimmy, jimmy) have different attack when hitting fallen enemies
-enemies will not die immediately when his HP is 0 (like on the arcade game), but will do when 0 and you finish them with a knockdown attack (most of the times)
-still need to work on Willy...

Attachments:
bor - 0018.png
bor - 0018.png [ 6.36 KiB | Viewed 8053 times ]
bor - 0032.png
bor - 0032.png [ 6.4 KiB | Viewed 8053 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:57 pm 
Black Belt

Between the two I like the first one. For some reason the background looks like the NES background from Ninja Gaiden 2 which is a good look.
So.... Why Bimmy as a character?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:30 pm 
Black Belt

Awesome! Those improvements sound great and both of those screens look awesome. If I have to choose- I'd probably pick the second one but they both look amazing...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:35 pm 
Yellow Belt

The shots of the attachments look really great so far, DIF! :) 8-bit-ish!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:50 pm 
Black Belt

Is that the truck from Rollergames? :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:02 am 
Red Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:25 pm 
Black Belt

And now we celebrate the birth of an awesome new Double Dragon game!!! Awesome...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:54 pm 
Black Belt

This will be an awesome game. The only reason why I did ask about Bimmy was because of the joke. I get the reference. Still I think it would be awesome if you added a true third character whether it is Chin, Ranzou, or Marion. Like you I didn't like the name Sonny (Or even the character himself.). In DD Forever I think the guy made his own third character that seemed to blend into his version of the story nicely. I would love to see you take that route and add your own new character if you didn't use one of the three I mentioned earlier. You definitely have the talent and skill to do it. Like I said, I don't think anyone on this board minds waiting for a great game.

DD3 wise I think way too many people didn't like the game so I don't know if using the arcade or NES characters as your third is a good idea. Marion or a new character is probably the best thing to do. Even if Bimmy was your third character I could see the humor in it. Regardless I'm playing this game. It actually feels what DD3 should have been even though I am in the minority of liking the NES version of the third game. I get that the whole story of DD3 never meshed with any of the other games at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:37 pm 
Black Belt

I think I'm in an even smaller minority of people who like the arcade version of DD3. I would say the majority of people do like DD3, not including the AVGN of course :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next