Your ideal Double Dragon Sequel

The place to talk everything Double Dragon.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Billy Lee
Black Belt

Re: Your ideal Double Dragon Sequel

Post by Billy Lee »

I'm all for it if everyone else is.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Billy Lee wrote:I'm all for it if everyone else is.

YES!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!! Can we sign up the others?
May you live hapilly forever...
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

I guess it depends on what everyone is capable of doing to develop it. I mean there has to be a lot of discussion about it. Still I would love to hear more ideas from everyone. As far as making a game we can all agree on, we will have to cover everything from sprites, story, seeing if we could incorporate comic pieces and layout. Like I said, it would take a lot of discussion and developing a common ground between all of us. Keep in mind that Die_In_Fire and Zox have projects they are working on so I'm sure they want to finish those first. Still building a basis for everything doesn't hurt.
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

Sorry for the double post. Pretty soon I will come out with a question list to see where everyone's common answer lies.
MysteriousWarrior
Purple Belt

Post by MysteriousWarrior »

Billy Lee, what gaming program are you experienced with in terms of coding?
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with any of them which is why I need to take time to learn how to use one of them. I just need to find the time and someone who is willing to show me.
maxman
Yellow Belt

Post by maxman »

Ahhhh. So this is the thread where they talk about ideas of what the DD project is like. Actually, mine is not just Double Dragon, but Rage of the Dragons. I'm sorry if I ruin this but honestly, I waited for the new sequel of the Double Dragon series and Rage of the Dragons but all I see is just remakes of mostly Double Dragon. Like let's say for example, Atlus probably owned Double Dragon and now Brizo. So I thought of making a sequel or a new one myself. I named a project as Dragon Duo as the ROTD Billy and Jimmy probably reunite themselves after their separate situations. Also, it's a synonymous name to Double Dragon and a "reincarnation" of it. For example, Abubo of ROTD is based on Abobo while I have my own Burnov as a big (Russian) wrestler maybe like the DD2 Burnov, not Kang, DDNG Burnov, nor iPhone Burnov, when he's short and chubby. :P There will be some baddies that will be similar to some of the those from the DD series. Now I don't know if the name Dragon Duo sounds okay or silly, or I would need to put a nice title of the project. I like Rage of the Dragons but it's so difficult.

I will describe my ideas for my project later.
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

In all honesty I see nothing wrong with your ideas. The names are similar and the base is there, but Neo Geo had to change the title. Everyone pretty much knows and feels ROTD is Double Dragon. I like the name Dragon Duo, but its pretty much a Double Dragon game at heart.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

maxman wrote:Ahhhh. So this is the thread where they talk about ideas of what the DD project is like. Actually, mine is not just Double Dragon, but Rage of the Dragons. I'm sorry if I ruin this but honestly, I waited for the new sequel of the Double Dragon series and Rage of the Dragons but all I see is just remakes of mostly Double Dragon. Like let's say for example, Atlus probably owned Double Dragon and now Brizo. So I thought of making a sequel or a new one myself. I named a project as Dragon Duo as the ROTD Billy and Jimmy probably reunite themselves after their separate situations. Also, it's a synonymous name to Double Dragon and a "reincarnation" of it. For example, Abubo of ROTD is based on Abobo while I have my own Burnov as a big (Russian) wrestler maybe like the DD2 Burnov, not Kang, DDNG Burnov, nor iPhone Burnov, when he's short and chubby. :P There will be some baddies that will be similar to some of the those from the DD series. Now I don't know if the name Dragon Duo sounds okay or silly, or I would need to put a nice title of the project. I like Rage of the Dragons but it's so difficult.

I will describe my ideas for my project later.

Yes- this does sound very interesting. It will be interesting to see if those two games storylines can be meshed. Will this be in Beat 'em up format or set up more like a Tournament Fighter?
May you live hapilly forever...
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

From our discussions it looked like a beat em up. Hopefully his ideas didn't change even though a good DD fighter never hurt either.