where can i post my walkthrough for super double dragon?

The place to talk everything Double Dragon.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

superddplayer89
Yellow Belt

where can i post my walkthrough for super double dragon?

Post by superddplayer89 »

I wrote one and it covers both English and Japanese version. As well as the Tiger Lcd game (yes i have it). so can i post it on here or can i post a link to it on gamefaqs cause its hosted there.
Play2win
Black Belt

Re: where can i post my walkthrough for super double dragon?

Post by Play2win »

Very nice! I own the Super Double Dragon lcd also and sent in a scan of the game's manual to the dojo last year. Does your walkthrough include information on the special moves? I've been able to execute all but one move, which I'm convinced must be a typo in the manual because I just can't get it to work. Looking forward to reading it!
May you live hapilly forever...
superddplayer89
Yellow Belt

yes it will i haven't quite finished updating it yet. When i do i will post a link here. Do you have the original manual? If so could you post scans of it? Also does yours have the original packaging? I to am having issues with pulling off the moves which ones have you figured out?
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Sure- right now I only have the actual game unit. I only have the manual in scanned form, but it's uploaded here in the Dojo:

http://doubledragon.kontek.net/merchand ... Manual.pdf

The special moves are tricky for a few reasons. You need to press the keys fast but not too fast.

Back Kick- It's just the regular rear jump kick but it lasts a half second longer and is more powerful. Jump first, then push the special technique button followed quickly by the back (left) kick.

Side Kick- This one gives me trouble. The manual indicates this is executed the same way as the Back Kick, so either the manual has a typo, OR, as I suspect, it's a more powerful version of the kick you do when jumping, then moving forward (to pick up the nunchucks) and then do a ground back (left) kick (more of a knee). It's possible this kick/knee is more powerful when pressed after the special technique button but I don't see a difference in the timing. I'd love some clarification/confirmation if possible.

Reverse Round Kick- The manual has a typo. First you jump and quickly hit the special technique button, then press the forward (right) kick button followed by the back (left) kick button, NOT the back (left) kick button followed by the forward (right) kick button. If you do the combination quickly and you're playing as billy, you'll execute the Continuous Kick.

Straight Punch- It's just the regular punch but it lasts a half second longer and is more powerful. Push the special technique button followed by punch. If you do the sequence repeatedly you will execute the Continuous Punch. Both only work with Jimmy and there is a delayed reaction in the initial execution.
superddplayer89
Yellow Belt

thanks so much... I'm on the verge of completing my walkthrough/faq so it will hopefully be posted soon on gamefaqs.

HERE IT IS:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588728-super-double-dragon/faqs/52231
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Guide looks nice! Maybe you can solve the mystery of the Side Kick...
superddplayer89
Yellow Belt

i haven't yet, but when i do I'll update it again :) btw here's my gameplay video of the handheld http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrqeWp92G9U
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Nice vid! You should do one with the ending bleeps
superddplayer89
Yellow Belt

yes yes i should thanks for watching
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

It was a nice video. I just wish people who reply to these posts would stop emailing me asking me to sell. This game completes my Double Dragon collection. It's a no brainer that I would sell an organ before selling this game :)