Another DD fangame

The place for all the fan-made Double Dragon games.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Die_In_Fire
Red Belt

Re: Another DD fangame

Post by Die_In_Fire »

Billy Lee wrote:In DD Forever I think the guy made his own third character that seemed to blend into his version of the story nicely. I would love to see you take that route and add your own new character if you didn't use one of the three I mentioned earlier.

I thought about that, I'm still not decided...

Ranzou, Marian and Chin will be in the game, but for now I don't have the time to add them, that's all ;)

I even recorded a new footage video but just still don't have the time to upload... lately everyday after work I just go to bed, I even didn't have dinner for the las 4 days, just going to sleep... Hope to change that today!

Play2win wrote:I think I'm in an even smaller minority of people who like the arcade version of DD3.

lol you are!!!

Play2win wrote:of people do like DD3, not including the AVGN of course :)

I found on many youtube videos, that really a lot of people dislike dd3, but as I always have thought, just like the avgn, they hate the game because they suck on the game. For me that's not an objetive reference.
check my WIPs (Double Dragon and Kunio-kun stuff):
http://www.youtube.com/DieInFire
てめえっ! なめんなよ!!!
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Like the AVGN said- DD3 is ultra realistic. This is pretty much what would happen one or two martial artists decided to take on a huge gang of villains. And when you die, you die forever. That's it :)
May you live hapilly forever...
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

I think Double Dragon 3s biggest problem was that after Double Dragon 2 it took a step back on both the arcade and NES version. I enjoyed the NES version on DD3, but it does pale in comparison to the second one.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Billy Lee wrote:I think Double Dragon 3s biggest problem was that after Double Dragon 2 it took a step back on both the arcade and NES version. I enjoyed the NES version on DD3, but it does pale in comparison to the second one.

That is a fair comparison. However, when you consider that the arcade versions of DD1 and DD2 are possibly the greatest video games of all time, factor in a complete change of programmers for DD3, right away you can see it's also going to be a troubling comparison...
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

Exactly. I think had it been called anything else it would have been considered a better game. It would be like a amazing musician who is know for coming out with great CDs coming out with only a good one. Sure if another person made it it would have been great, but because it was that particular musician, it was only decent by their standards.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Billy Lee wrote:Exactly. I think had it been called anything else it would have been considered a better game. It would be like a amazing musician who is know for coming out with great CDs coming out with only a good one. Sure if another person made it it would have been great, but because it was that particular musician, it was only decent by their standards.

Couldn't have said it better. Exactly spot on. Thank you.
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

Any new updates?
Die_In_Fire
Red Belt

Post by Die_In_Fire »

the only update for the moment is that I uploaded a video of the truck stage...
been busy, yesterday worked 13 hours, but today's free and my girlfriend have work so I'll be back to this game today!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_K2awvrYMY
check my WIPs (Double Dragon and Kunio-kun stuff):
http://www.youtube.com/DieInFire
てめえっ! なめんなよ!!!
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

This was an awesome vid. Also I understand about long working hours.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Every time you do a new video, this just keeps looking better and better!