Double Dragon Neon

The place to talk everything Double Dragon.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Play2win
Black Belt

Double Dragon Neon

Post by Play2win »

Well.... I'm assuming most of you have downloaded this by now. What does everyone think? I finished the first playthrough tonight and will start unlocking the rest of the trophies shortly.
May you live hapilly forever...
Swainy
Brown Belt

Re: Double Dragon Neon

Post by Swainy »

I think it's a fun game! It's just not what I'm really looking for in a Double Dragon game, as I was hoping they would develop something a bit more similar to the original arcade version.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

I think it's fun too, even if it doesn't really "feel" like a double dragon game. The 80's references are clever. I remember thinking it actually has more of a homebrew (Beats of Rage) feel to it- Streets of Rage gameplay with Double Dragon characters. Eventually, there will probably also be an online patch for all of us to use.
Maikel
White Belt

Post by Maikel »

Is there any way to get past the giant tank? If you knock out the "weakpoint" twice, it will fire random rockets upward out of its tracks, and the chopper that comes back is really getting in the way with those billy-seeking missiles.
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

Like you guys, I think it is a fun game. Still, it doesn't feel exactly like Double Dragon. For now, I can accept it.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Maikel wrote:Is there any way to get past the giant tank? If you knock out the "weakpoint" twice, it will fire random rockets upward out of its tracks, and the chopper that comes back is really getting in the way with those billy-seeking missiles.

Yes, it's not too difficult- the point on the rear is the weakpoint, you can scale the tank and jump to the adjacent tower, and throw the explosive barrels into the weak point two or three times to destroy it.
Maikel
White Belt

Post by Maikel »

And here I was making high kicks at it while being fired upon from 3 directions ... oh well, let's give that a go....
Adam[SoR]
White Belt

Post by Adam[SoR] »

I love Double Dragon but Neon did not feel like a DD game. I enjoyed the game, it was fun and I beat it all the way to the Double Dragon Difficulty Level (last one you unlock). It was a pain and I beat it on my own.. level 7 and 9 gave me the hardest time. Only a few achievements left to unlock and this game will be completed 100%.

I tend to buy most Beat Em Ups that come out just to support the genre... it has always been my favorite and wish more professional ones would come out...

Anyways, this isn't much of a Double Dragon game but it's a pretty satisfying Beat Em Up.

Highly recommend it to fans of the genre.
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

Is it me or does Double Dragon Neon feel more like the classic Ninja Turtles Arcade games especially the original?
mechapop
Red Belt

Post by mechapop »

If way forward had used the contra 4 style or something similar, I woulda creamed my pants.

And while this doesnt look as attrocious as the 3d DD2 remake, ive no interest in this. Just looks ugly to me.
Ive pretty much ever given up hope on a real DD sequel, and a kick ass sprite based one at that.
http://www.youtube.com/user/badicalpower/videos
(my adult swimlike animated series)