Brizo Interactive goes bust!

Got a hot tip about the Double Dragon series? Post it here!

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Steve Halfpenny

Brizo Interactive goes bust!

Post by Steve Halfpenny »

I've just received news from an extremely reliable source that Brizo Interactive has filed for bankruptcy. All assets have gone to Acclaim Entertainment with immediate effect.

What does this mean for the future of Double Dragon?! Double Dragon Vs. Legends of Wresting... A new digitized one on one beat em up... Billy and Jimmy in Smash TV?!

I'll update once more information is available.
MysteriousWarrior
Purple Belt

Re: Brizo Interactive goes bust!

Post by MysteriousWarrior »

Well damn, that is discouraging news. I had been wondering how sales of DDi had been going, with fingers crossed, and now I apparently have my answer. I know Brizo is primarily an ios game company, but I just felt it was a poor decision from the start to release an iphone game. Considering the massive popularity and success of Castle Crashers as well as Scott pilgrim on PSN and XBLA, it was an obvious no brainer to release a slick updated new Double Dragon there as well, at least in my opinion.

Also, Acclaim?!! I had no idea that they were still around. Well, at least ultimate property rights of DD are that of Million, or so I assume, and who knows if the rights to create and distribute a DD game would be part of the change over as well. Somewhat on the bright side, at least Acclaim is the company responsible for distributing (certainly not making) the legendary Double Dragon 2 for nes. Perhaps Acclaim will be smarter with distributing the DD brand than Brizo was. That is if Acclaim does anything with it at all.

This could also be good news for anyone interested in producing fan games, (because we all know that indie programmers are tripping over each other to do some fan made DD) since Acclaim may be less petty concerning the subject than Brizo supposedly was.

Ah, who knows, nothing good will likely come of this unfortunately. It seems almost like there is a curse over the Double Dragon name lately, which is a real shame considering how much potential it has to undergo a tremendously successful revival in the right hands.
MysteriousWarrior
Purple Belt

...I am also noticing that it is April 1st, in that case, good one. :lol:
Steve Halfpenny

Post by Steve Halfpenny »

Ho ho. Acclaim Entertainment haven't existed for years!

Best I could come up with at the time sadly. Had I had more time I'd have to knocked some crazy artwork of Double Dragon VI or something.
DojoMaster
Site Admin

Post by DojoMaster »

As soon as I saw "Acclaim Entertainment" I knew something was wrong. Then I saw the date you posted this. Well, you got at least one person!
MysteriousWarrior
Purple Belt

DojoMaster wrote:As soon as I saw "Acclaim Entertainment" I knew something was wrong. Then I saw the date you posted this. Well, you got at least one person!

Dammit! That's what I get for skipping my coffee in the morning. :roll:
JimmyLee
Purple Belt

Post by JimmyLee »

Well, if it was truth, it would be good news for Double Dragon Forever...
korruption
White Belt

Post by korruption »

JimmyLee wrote:Well, if it was truth, it would be good news for Double Dragon Forever...

True... true... :(
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru