Fan Art discussion

The place to talk everything Double Dragon.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Eddie MountainGoat
Red Belt

Fan Art discussion

Post by Eddie MountainGoat »

I figured I'd start a thread for discussing DD-related fan art - both that of the Dojo and elewhere. Post opinions, links, anything you want to share!

And I gotta say, I was REALLY impressed by Eqwanox's recent contributions to the Dojo. The characters are all reminiscent of their NES portraits, and just look perfect. But what made me smile were the backgrounds.

That's right, the backgrounds. Take a closer look. Because just like the characters, the backgrounds are perfect.

Firstly, there's the poster with Marian in the middle, waiting to be rescued. Compare this picture, to Jimmy's inner lair, on the NES: http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/nes/a/dd.htm Like I said, it's PERFECT! All the details are there; the redbrick walls, the white bed, the red couch, the palm tree, the coffee table, the cat ... even Jimmy's spare vest on its hanger!

Then, there's the "action-shot" poster. The background here resembles Mission 1, both on the arcade and the NES, where the brick wall ends and the second building begins. I'm guessing it's primarily based on the NES version, because of the diagonal way the wall stops. Nonetheless, the gap between the wall and the building, and Abobo / Bolo bashing through the building, are only in the arcade. Good stuff, Eqwanox!

While I'm congratulating in-game accuracy, I also have to mention the artwork in Umberto Chavira's Double Dragon 19XX. Sure, this is in the "Fan Fiction" section of the Dojo, but I haven't seen artwork this close to the arcade, anywhere else. I particularly recommend looking at pages 6 (http://doubledragon.kontek.net/fanfiction/images/dd19xx-6.gif) and 9 (http://doubledragon.kontek.net/fanfiction/images/dd19xx-9.gif).

Page 6 is pretty cool, because it has both the beginning of Mission 1 (panel 6) and the entry to the Enemy's base (panel 4 - if you look closely, you'll notice the ladder, and the bridge at the bottom of it).

Page 9 has both the beginning of Mission 1 (panel 1), and the middle (panel 4 - this is an awsome panel, with the building, the car poster, the trash cans and even the cat (!) recreated).
DojoMaster
Site Admin

Re: Fan Art discussion

Post by DojoMaster »

Yeah, Eqwanox did a wonderful job with those drawings. I was really impressed. I'm just sorry it took me so long to post them.

I put Umberto's comics in the fan fiction section since I think they fit in there more than the fan art section. The fan art section is really just for individual pieces that people have crafted. Comics tell a story, so that's why they're in the fan fiction.

On a side note I still owe you some feedback on your episode. I'll try to get that together.
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

wildebeast
Black Belt