Anyone interested in owning a Zeebo with DD??

The place to talk everything Double Dragon.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Rockman
Green Belt

Anyone interested in owning a Zeebo with DD??

Post by Rockman »

I'm currently in talks with the guy who's been my connect in Brazil ever since I got my first Zeebo and Double Dragon and he said that he would be willing to find and buy Zeebo systems for me so that if you guys wanted your very own copy of Brizo's original game then you could have it!

So far what I gathered from him is that since I got my 2 zeebo systems, the company is actually shutting down the Zeebonet service (where you get the games from) LUCKILY dude has actually hacked the system and is able to load any system he gets with EVERY GAME in the library, or if you guys just want DD he can do that too lol.

Obviously the price is the biggest issue here, and here's what it looks like so far:

Prices ranging from $109 (New but it short quantities at one store which is a sale so it may not last long)

Then there are the used ones usually in the range of $128

and finally there are the other bundles that come with a controller and Keyboard (and quite honestly would be useless to anyone us unless we couldn't get any other versions) and those go from $179 - $192

The system would have to be shipped to me first so that I could switch out the Brazilian Sim card that is in the system and replace it with an American one as the system will be prone to restarts if the Brazilian Sim is left in.

Finally the worse part = the shipping. To be shipped from Brazil to me it would cost $40 bucks for the cheapest shipment (and longest, tbh I'd have to ask him how long it would take) and $65 for EMS speedpost which takes 2 - 5 days to arrive (it took 3 days to get to me from Brazil).

Lastly I work in a mail center so shipping it from me to you would be free AND I would send it next day overnight.

There are controllers here in the US that you can use that would work on the Zeebo (and in my opinion feel better then the original pad AND costs way less) so if you needed more then one you would be ok.

I know this sounds like a large and complicated process of events but I would feel like I wasn't being a good fellow dragon fan if I didn't let you guys know!

Lastly there is word that they are going to be launching another Zeebo system in 2012 that is supposed to be Android based! There could be a chance that Brizo will port their DD:i game over to it! But at this point it's all just wishful thinking ;).
DinLee
Purple Belt

Re: Anyone interested in owning a Zeebo with DD??

Post by DinLee »

Man if only I had the funds for this. :( there's probably no other chance to play this game as well unless we ended up with a emulator of some sort.
Rockman
Green Belt

Post by Rockman »

The guy that I'm talking to is actually doing somethings with the system on the hacking/homebrew front. He was actually able to get some emulators (cps1, genesis) to work on it as well as obviously being able to crack the system to install all the games (hence him offering to send me the system with every game on it). But, I don't know that he's ever tried to make an emu for PC for the zeebo.. I guess I could ask him if he even knows how to go about that.

I mean he's done AMAZING things with the system so far, he keeps me interested in it beyond DD lol.

His site is here, it's in Portuguese but there's an English translation button at the top of the screen so you can check it out!

http://www.openzeebo.org/

I'll hit him up and ask about the Zeebo emu for you though!
DinLee
Purple Belt

Post by DinLee »

sweet! :D hopefully something comes of this.
RenegadeDragon
Purple Belt

Post by RenegadeDragon »

Is this connection still alive? I would like to get a zeebo system with double dragon.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Absolutely second- if your contact can still assist I would be interested also!
May you live hapilly forever...
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт