Double Dragon IOS in IOS 8 WARNING

The place to talk everything Double Dragon.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Play2win
Black Belt

Double Dragon IOS in IOS 8 WARNING

Post by Play2win »

Hello,

Just a friendly warning to other DD disciples, this IOS update kills the game. I'm actually trying to downgrade my device to restore it's functionality :)
May you live hapilly forever...
RenegadeDragon
Purple Belt

Re: Double Dragon IOS in IOS 8 WARNING

Post by RenegadeDragon »

Same here play2win im actually on the phone with an apple employee. is there something to do to keep ios8 and play the game or do you have to downgrade altogether? I specifically checked the forums to see if anyone else had this problem wish i came before i installed ios8. :oops:
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

From what I can tell there is absolutely no way to fix it and keep IOS 8. What's worse, Apple only digitally signs the IOS 7 ipsw files for a very short time after releasing IOS 8, meaning you can only "legitimately" downgrade to IOS 7 in that window before you are stuck with IOS 8 forever, unless you want to hack/jailbreak the device. Even worse, if you did not back up your device while you had IOS 7, even if you legitimately downgrade, everything on the phone will be deleted unless you have an IOS 7 backup to restore. Backups made on other IOS's will not restore after the downgrade...
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Well... I see Apple released an updated IOS for many big fixes. Any brave souls care to try it and advise regarding weather it revives our beloved game?
RenegadeDragon
Purple Belt

Post by RenegadeDragon »

Since ive already installed the update. I tried the 8.0.2 update which I think is the newest one? So far, it is not working. The game is working i can hear it playing i can even touch the screen and hear the options im picking. Its the initial start up screen that gets frozen which is the caution logo. Soon as you tap it to continue playing the game it immediately freezes, same time as the gamecenter drops in welcoming you for signing in. i think the developers might need to update the game and fix the gamecenter issue. I think gamecenter could be the reason why its acting up like that. I was also wondering is JDJC & FUZZYEYES Limited something different from Brizo Interactive? Either way i regret installing ios8 just because of this debauchery...LOL. I swear Double Dragon must have a bad omen or something nothing ever seems to go well with this game especially when its in its truest form. truest form meaning, the way it was intended to be made from the original Technos crew. When i think of the double dragon timeline i think of dd1, dd2, dd3 nes, sdd, dda, dd zeebo and dd ios every thing else is whatever. ever since the super double dragon and all the others after that they pretty much are incomplete or at the same time just on obscure handhelds and consoles and made difficult to play co-op.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Judging by Double Dragon IOS's less than stellar update history, if we need to wait for the game's developer rather than an IOS update, the chances for a fix are slim...
RenegadeDragon
Purple Belt

Post by RenegadeDragon »

That's exactly what I thought. :cry:
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

The funny thing is that it's still listed in the Apple store. So... people run the risk of purchasing a non - working game, or it may be pulled from the store altogether :(
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Well, Apple's now up to iOS 8.1. Any DD fans want to try this and see if it brings Double Dragon back from the dead?
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Update: It looks like they pulled Double Dragon from the marketplace. It's like a bad flashback to the Livearcade. These are very sad times…