Double Dragon Trilogy out now on IOS and Android

The place to talk everything Double Dragon.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Swainy
Brown Belt

Double Dragon Trilogy out now on IOS and Android

Post by Swainy »

Well I downloaded the new release this morning and I'm pleased to say that there is some good news! The roms used in this release have been modified so the slowdown that plagued the arcade original is no longer present. The first two games also include the option to listen to remixed versions of the soundtrack and there is an option for story mode that let's you start from any of the levels that you have reached without having to go through the entire game from scratch.

There are 3 difficulty settings, the first which is called mobile is really easy and most enemies die as soon as they hit the ground. The other two settings are a lot closer to the arcade in difficulty.

As I mentioned, these roms have been modified and something I noticed on the 3rd mission of DD1 is that when the bad guys stand down the holes who throw knives, their lower legs are no longer in the holes which makes them look as if the are floating over the holes.

Anyway, if you own an IOS or Android device then it's worth checking out.
Play2win
Black Belt

Re: Double Dragon Trilogy out now on IOS and Android

Post by Play2win »

I was really looking forward to this game, and I have to say I'm not at all disapointed. This is a faithful recreation of all three games. It does appear some of the sprites may have been modified. However, my only complaint is that the controls are still clunky- has anyone had any success with a bluetooth or similar external gamepad?
May you live hapilly forever...
Swainy
Brown Belt

Post by Swainy »

From what I gather, Bluetooth controls will be added on the next update.
Swainy
Brown Belt

Post by Swainy »

Guys it turns out that icade is already supported, so if you've got one, get playing :)
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Is iCade the only supported controller? The arcade controls don't look like true arcade quality :) Some of the Dan achievements are very hard- I have the first one but the second (DD2 expert/arcade mode) is pretty tough! I do have some advise if anyone else is trying to get these- anyone else want to share?
richieisnow
White Belt

Post by richieisnow »

Very pleasantly surprised by one of the best arcade ports to hit the android. Double dragon lives on! Given that it's clearly so popular (3 releases in the last 2 years) its amazing that they haven't tried to do a full console (DVD based game). I thought I liked the zeebo android game but the smooth controls in this put that to shame. Now only 2 questions remain:
1. Where are these advertised "new stages?"

2. Has anyone got ddforever working on windows 8?

Thanks everyone
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

There was a major update this morning- the developers mercifully added continues and a few extra lives- now the game almost seems too easy even on the hardest levels. Still, the continues reset your score and there will be some intense competition for the leaderboards :)
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting