Another DD fangame

The place for all the fan-made Double Dragon games.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Billy Lee
Black Belt

Re: Another DD fangame

Post by Billy Lee »

I know you can make that happen. Even though Williams knocked her out with a single punch, overtime she became a cop so she should be a lot stronger by now.
Die_In_Fire
Red Belt

Post by Die_In_Fire »

Time for a preview of a new stage/new move (been pretty busy lately guys!!)

which one looks better for a stage?

-now the three main chars (billy, bimmy, jimmy) have different attack when hitting fallen enemies
-enemies will not die immediately when his HP is 0 (like on the arcade game), but will do when 0 and you finish them with a knockdown attack (most of the times)
-still need to work on Willy...
Attachments
bor - 0018.png
bor - 0018.png (6.36 KiB) Viewed 9408 times
bor - 0032.png
bor - 0032.png (6.4 KiB) Viewed 9408 times
check my WIPs (Double Dragon and Kunio-kun stuff):
http://www.youtube.com/DieInFire
てめえっ! なめんなよ!!!
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

Between the two I like the first one. For some reason the background looks like the NES background from Ninja Gaiden 2 which is a good look.
So.... Why Bimmy as a character?
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Awesome! Those improvements sound great and both of those screens look awesome. If I have to choose- I'd probably pick the second one but they both look amazing...
May you live hapilly forever...
maxman
Yellow Belt

Post by maxman »

The shots of the attachments look really great so far, DIF! :) 8-bit-ish!
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Is that the truck from Rollergames? :)
Die_In_Fire
Red Belt

Post by Die_In_Fire »

heh, thanks guys!

Billy Lee wrote:Between the two I like the first one. For some reason the background looks like the NES background from Ninja Gaiden 2 which is a good look.
So.... Why Bimmy as a character?

It's from Vice project doom 8-)
I don't have time to add Ranzou, Marian or Chin (for now) and my game is 3 players oriented, so I added Bimmy as the 3rd playable char for now, as I thought it would be funny 'cos of the nes DD3 mispelling... (I don't like "Sonny")

Play2win wrote:If I have to choose- I'd probably pick the second one but they both look amazing...

That background is from Little Samsom, just edited the colours

Play2win wrote:Is that the truck from Rollergames? :)
exactly!! I just made it "two wagon"
a new video should be up in a few moments :D
check my WIPs (Double Dragon and Kunio-kun stuff):
http://www.youtube.com/DieInFire
てめえっ! なめんなよ!!!
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

And now we celebrate the birth of an awesome new Double Dragon game!!! Awesome...
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

This will be an awesome game. The only reason why I did ask about Bimmy was because of the joke. I get the reference. Still I think it would be awesome if you added a true third character whether it is Chin, Ranzou, or Marion. Like you I didn't like the name Sonny (Or even the character himself.). In DD Forever I think the guy made his own third character that seemed to blend into his version of the story nicely. I would love to see you take that route and add your own new character if you didn't use one of the three I mentioned earlier. You definitely have the talent and skill to do it. Like I said, I don't think anyone on this board minds waiting for a great game.

DD3 wise I think way too many people didn't like the game so I don't know if using the arcade or NES characters as your third is a good idea. Marion or a new character is probably the best thing to do. Even if Bimmy was your third character I could see the humor in it. Regardless I'm playing this game. It actually feels what DD3 should have been even though I am in the minority of liking the NES version of the third game. I get that the whole story of DD3 never meshed with any of the other games at all.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

I think I'm in an even smaller minority of people who like the arcade version of DD3. I would say the majority of people do like DD3, not including the AVGN of course :)