Double Dragon for Xbox 360

The place for all the fan-made Double Dragon games.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

rrocapu
White Belt

Double Dragon for Xbox 360

Post by rrocapu »

Hello all,

I´m new in the Forum, so it´s nice to be part of it.

I found there is a very improved version of the classic Double Dragon for the console Xbox 360. I heard that this game have been delisted from the Xbox game list.

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1324/Double-Dragon/p1/

Do you know where this game can be downloaded? Can it be played in the PC using an emulator? I tried very much to find rooms but I didn´t success. I would like to hear your experiences.

Thanks
Steve Halfpenny

Re: Double Dragon for Xbox 360

Post by Steve Halfpenny »

Double Dragon was out on XBox Live up until quite recently (but I haven't checked this myself). I wouldn't say it was much improved either; it's just the original arcade emulated with a few extra options. I have the trial version and there's an option to keep or ditch the tinkered graphics, which really aren't that good. You can make them look better in an emulator. The only other difference is that a remix of the main theme plays on the options screen but it's pretty poor.

This version isn't available for PC owners.
Driversold
Purple Belt

Post by Driversold »

Yeah, the only way to play this is through a jtagged Xbox, if you dont own it already. The option to smooth the graphics out is really a bonus in this version.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Just like with Double Dragon Zeebo, lots of people are watching ebay closely for Xbox 360 units for sale which have this game pre-installed. I'm not sure if you can still play this game if its pre-installed on an Xbox 360 if you use your own Livearcade Gamertag...
May you live hapilly forever...
Die_In_Fire
Red Belt

Post by Die_In_Fire »

I don't care so much for DDZeebo, but thism being an arcade port, would love to try it, but don't have a xbox...
check my WIPs (Double Dragon and Kunio-kun stuff):
http://www.youtube.com/DieInFire
てめえっ! なめんなよ!!!
Driversold
Purple Belt

Post by Driversold »

Yeah, if you don't have a jtagged 360 or have someone do it, which there are a lot of people who do it, but you lose your warranty and your console can get banned from going live, you can go the other route: have someone who has the game transfer their gamer tag to your machine and then transfer the game's license to your specific console. That way is better, since jtagged is frowned upon.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Yes you have to be very careful with Jtagging- especially since this Double Dragon is the only Double Dragon game on Xbox Live to feature an online 2 player coop mode- which won't do you much good if you get banned from livearcade :)
Driversold
Purple Belt

Post by Driversold »

You can still play 2 player offline. We do and it's great. I love the graphic smoothing option.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

The smoothing option is ok- but I think the game's best feature is the oline co-op mode...
Tartara
White Belt

Post by Tartara »

Hello, great game, Dragon bombastic, I often play different games, once looked at the statistics and found an interesting comment https://crockor.co.nz/buy-sell-trade/ev ... inos_i4254