Double Dragon series documentary on youtube

The place to talk everything Double Dragon.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

mechapop
Red Belt

Double Dragon series documentary on youtube

Post by mechapop »

Pretty good DD series overview(about 22 minutes) on youtube in HD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3cFtQYFpUA
http://www.youtube.com/user/badicalpower/videos
(my adult swimlike animated series)
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Re: Double Dragon series documentary on youtube

Post by Billy Lee »

I guess it was a good comedic review. To be honest, the only version I ever found difficult was the NES version of Double Dragon One and the NES version of DD2 on Supreme Master. After I while, I figured out how to beat 2 easily, but DD One was always hit or miss depending on how I was playing. They pointed out some of the glitches but at the same time I think they over exaggerated a few points of the games. Super Double Dragon/Return of the Double Dragon wasn't that difficult neither was the NES version of DD3.

Overall, a decent review, not my favorite but decent.
mechapop
Red Belt

Post by mechapop »

Oh to this day I cant even come close to completing DDIII for the NES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMg6_IXCjo4

I kind of just put DDIII out of my mind entirely(that and "DDV") Super DD was easy, but was verrrry slow. I know DD1 and DD2 are slow moving, but
there was something about the moves your characters do in SDD that felt sloggish. I think my favorite DD games in order would be DD1 arcade, DD2 arcade,
DDA GBA, DD2 NES, Neo Geo DD 1995, DDi (android 2011), and SDD SNES.
http://www.youtube.com/user/badicalpower/videos
(my adult swimlike animated series)
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

mechapop wrote:Oh to this day I cant even come close to completing DDIII for the NES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMg6_IXCjo4

I kind of just put DDIII out of my mind entirely(that and "DDV") Super DD was easy, but was verrrry slow. I know DD1 and DD2 are slow moving, but
there was something about the moves your characters do in SDD that felt sloggish. I think my favorite DD games in order would be DD1 arcade, DD2 arcade,
DDA GBA, DD2 NES, Neo Geo DD 1995, DDi (android 2011), and SDD SNES.

Ha I remember the angry Nintendo Nerds review. Classic. For Double Dragon 3, there was the cheap way to beat it which was walk up and down the stage and either hurricane kick or roundhouse kick the enemies. That worked for most of the game until you got to Egypt. Or if you straight fought it out, you had to jump kick or somersault when the enemies ran at you. I liked the NES version. The arcade was cheap as ****. I hated beating the arcade (Or Genesis version). Sometimes SDD did feel slow, but for the most part it moved pretty good. I think my order for favorite DD games would be DD1 arcade, NES DD2, DDA GBA, DD2 arcade, SDD SNES, Neo Geo DD, Rage of the Dragons (It counts right?), DDi, and DD3 NES.
DojoMaster
Site Admin

Post by DojoMaster »

Man, I love Double Dragon III. I have ever since I was a kid. I loved it more than Double Dragon II. Just everything about it. The cyclone kick, the extra fighters, the music... everything. Not joking.

Honestly, the game is so much more manageable if you use a turbo pad, especially the NES Max. I swear you will never fail to pull off a cyclone kick or hair throw with that thing.

I used to make it to Egypt with my brother, but we'd die before we could get into the pyramid. I finally beat it as a teenager though.

The AVGN review has always made laugh. Interestingly, he doesn't hate Simon's Quest. He said he just picked on the game for fun. But I think he honestly hates DD III.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

DojoMaster wrote: The AVGN review has always made laugh. Interestingly, he doesn't hate Simon's Quest. He said he just picked on the game for fun. But I think he honestly hates DD III.

Maybe- but to be fair, he had a disclaimer in the DD3 review stating that DD1 and DD2 are sacred and no one could ever say anything bad about them, followed by a home video of him as a child saying DD3 was the best game of the lot....
May you live hapilly forever...
DojoMaster
Site Admin

Post by DojoMaster »

Play2win wrote:
DojoMaster wrote: The AVGN review has always made laugh. Interestingly, he doesn't hate Simon's Quest. He said he just picked on the game for fun. But I think he honestly hates DD III.

Maybe- but to be fair, he had a disclaimer in the DD3 review stating that DD1 and DD2 are sacred and no one could ever say anything bad about them, followed by a home video of him as a child saying DD3 was the best game of the lot....

Oh? I never caught that. Do you have a link to him praising the game as a kid?
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

DojoMaster wrote:
Play2win wrote:

Oh? I never caught that. Do you have a link to him praising the game as a kid?

You know I just tried pulling the AVGN video on Youtube and Cinemassacre- it looks like this is a new, edited version, and they removed the home video from this version...
May you live hapilly forever...
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru