double dragon 1,2 & 3 mame cheat codes + others by miguelo

The place to talk everything Double Dragon.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

miguelo777
White Belt

double dragon 1,2 & 3 mame cheat codes + others by miguelo

Post by miguelo777 »

hi all. miguelo here, also know as cabo-hicks. first at all, happy new year! :D.

i try to register here some years ago, but was impossible due that the required moderator message never comes to me. but now it looks that is more easy :P.

well, my name is miguelo. im from spain, and im a big fan of double dragon games. along with others, like streets of rage or metal slugs as my favorites.

also im a cheat finder. i love the pro action replay since i buy one in the sega master system times :). but i dont have none idea of programming.

in fact, i post several codes. in special for genesis, master system (for real consoles and kegafusion emulator) and mame.

i post all the codes in the gshi and the mame cheat forum websites. and recently i upload 2 videos in youtube, about double dragon II and prehistoric isle in 1930 mame cheat codes.

the first time i try to contact with you was some years ago, about my double dragon II mame cheat codes. (those who makes you can open the door directly. avoid marian get killed, and also allows you to fight willy and the other enemys there). saddly it causes some problems, but it works it you do it right or simply using one savestate, for crash the game and make the codes works. you can see it in the video that i make.

here you can see 2 examples in this 2 videos:
-------------------------------------------
(important: you have the link to all the websites with all my codes in there, just look at the text i write in the double dragon II save marian video)

prehistoric isle alternate good ending cheat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on3SDg4U ... nN80mDoHVa

double dragon II save marian code working + place one enemy holding marian in else part of the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n0Kd2B0 ... 5d0TaEhuNQ

and here the main websites with my mame codes for double dragon 2 and many other games:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-colecction of super cheats-
http://www.mamecheat.co.uk/forums/viewt ... f=4&t=3048
-double dragon 2 save marian-
http://www.mamecheat.co.uk/forums/viewt ... f=4&t=2099

but the important raison because im here, is that recently i discover some new cheats in mame...

let me tell you, that (like maybe you know), saddly mame was changed since the version 126. and that the new mameui32 dont allows you to find new codes, or to use the old cheats format... :(
when in mame32 was very easy!, and you only need to edit the cheat.dat file with the notepad., for add codes you find, or take in the cheats forum.

well, my first idea was make a personal mame recopilation of games, along with my codes finded during years (lost in several cds, different mames, etc).
for that, i use one old mame32 120u1. that also allows me to find codes again, after many years that i cant do it with this new mameui32...

the result? i have some big surprises for you all for the new year!...

i find one good bunch of codes for double dragon 1, 2 and 3. that in special allows you to PLAY AS THE ENEMIES in the 3 games! :D.

however for be honest, this is not totally new... just after i end my new select char codes, i see that in the mame cheats forum one genius guy find something diferent, but similar code for double dragon II:
one code that makes you transform/morphing directly into the enemies you touch.
http://www.mamecheat.co.uk/forums/viewt ... f=1&t=3644

...but, that code not allows you to choose what enemy you want to be. and causes important glitches: like that you cant attack enemies and viceversa in some moments of the play. so my codes works better!. anyway these other play as enemies code is really good and interesting no doub.

the good notice here, is that after lot of hard work, test, etc, i already find all the codes that i want to search for the 3 games :).

the only bad notice, is that i dont have too much free time due to my studies and real life problems... :P

but now im already registered here, so when i have the enough free time, i will translate all the codes to english and put the names to every playable enemy thanks to the references written in the characters section of your website :).
then, i will post the codes here and also in the mame cheats forum.

until then, i hope you enjoy the others codes i post in that sites and the videos ;).

ps1: just some info about the codes:

-in double dragon 3 they works mainly for the characters you can buy. you can also choose some enemies, but really dont works too fine due that the game not makes they playable. (they moves rare, or if not dont have a good jump attack).

-in double dragon 1 or 2 you can play with almost all the enemies. but saddly willy (the red machine gun guy) dont works beetwhen some few enemies.

know problems/features:
-----------------------
1) some enemies animations fails, because they simply dont have that attacks... :( for example: abobo dont have jump, and this cause that when you jump you see a wrong animation of him, but anyway that enemies characters works and are perfectly playable. even if they dont have jump attack as the original enemies.

2) the other fail, is that the cheats slow a little the game. (is just a little, not too much). this is because you need to use 2 different codes together to make the select char code works.

3) at contrary that you can think, this is not a "suit cheat". you not are disguised of one enemy. you are the enemy!. why?, because when you play as one enemy, you make the same damage that those enemy makes to you!. that means that you are the enemy 8-)

4) the only big problem is that as you know, the enemies have less attacks than billy and jimmy... but hey!, after years of play normal this games, really you dont like enjoy playing as one of the enemies?!
because believe me, that is very funny play as one abobo, and send one enemy to the ground in a moment! ;).

thats all. thanks for read me. and until the next time ;)

ps2: dont worry if you dont have the old mame32 120u1 required for the cheats. because i also can upload it for all, when i post the codes.

ps3: i almost forget it... do you like also renegade? because i also do other funny code for select body/char. it are in the super collection of cheats page 1. enjoy ;)

thanks, and sorry this long post.
miguelo777
White Belt

Re: double dragon 1,2 & 3 mame cheat codes + others by migue

Post by miguelo777 »

FINALLY! :P

oh god.. :cry: im was trying to get back to my account, but i forget their name :P, and all the mails i send to the administrator and attempts to create a new account, all was unsucesful.

it was really really frustrating!... cause when i was making this, of course i been thinking specially in all you, the double dragon fans. :)
i was trying to contact with you since one month ago. but looking the forum it looks that you guys dont see yet my videos.

well, many time as been passed from my last post, and i just want to say....
THERE IS!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DOUBLE DRAGON 1 y 2 SELECT ELSE CHAR!!!, colours palette, select stage, enemy selection.
and apart, codes for other games. like ninja gaiden (colour selection) etc.

gshi (new post):
http://www.gamehacking.org/vb/threads/7 ... cheats-%29

mame cheats forum (old post. all my codes + the new double dragon 1 & 2 codes, etc):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
double dragon 2 arcade. codes for save marian on the intro: (now is much more easy!)
http://www.mamecheat.co.uk/forums/viewt ... f=4&t=2099

mame cheats forum collection of super cheats:
http://www.mamecheat.co.uk/forums/viewt ... 8&start=20

the double dragon 1 & 2 select char codes there are in the both pages. and in the old you also have all my old codes.

cant believe it? fine... 8-)
some videos for see in action all those new double dragon 1 & 2 cheat codes. (select char, palette, enemy select, etc).
sorry the video quality. i have a bad video converter :P

dd1 select char cheats:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7jXUepoBhU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgyGmbLCP-w

dd2 select char cheats:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es4YEnqG-0E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdkXt2ul7iw

hehe. enjoy playing with abobo and the others!. ;)

ps1:
----
in those sites, apart of the codes, i also explain how i find this rare codes.
and i give complete instrucctions of what emulator you need (an old mame32 before version 126) and how handle/works this codes.

(for example: is better set the mame32 overclock 0 option to 160% to make the game goes faster. cause this codes causes a little slowdown on those old ddragons mame versions)

the more curious, is that with this method i find is possible find other select character codes for other games. however is not normal that the games allows you to play as the enemies... so usually dont works fine on many games.

so, find those double dragon 1&2 codes was both hard work and also a true luck.

another game that allow you to play as the enemies is the combatribes. however, saddly the game crash if you was hit.
this game dont have one invulnerability moment, but if someone find one invulnerability code, then maybe can be possible give some use to that select enemies code.

ps2:
----
here you can see my blog. with all my crazy cheat codes for master system, genesis and mame.
the blog is in spanish, however all the links are on english. that way is more international.
http://cabo-hicks.blogspot.com.es/

sorry the big delay for post this. but i was busy making one cabinet maker course and i dont have none free time.
of course, you can add those mame cheat codes to your site if you like.
and thanks for the enemies list pages, they was useful for create the char list on the codes. ;)
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Very, very nice job! I've always dreamed about playing as Abobo....
May you live hapilly forever...
miguelo777
White Belt

Post by miguelo777 »

thanks. enjoy it ;)

about the playable enemy chars, well.. their moves maybe are a little limited. but after all is a true miracle that they works!. :)

some things that i discover playing with they...
--------------------------------------------------
they cant do their 2º button attacks. thats means that for example abobo cant perform their kicks, and all the chars only works with the jump and the 1º attack button.
in the same way, you cant perform some moves due that those enemies simply dont have it...
for example, abobo dont have jump attack. but anyway you can jump with him.

and with others things like the headbut or poke attacks, when penformed causes you do a wrong animation and dont cause none damage. due that those chars lacks those animations and attacks. but dont worry, none attack causes the game crash.

the only problem is in ddragon 1, where you must save states (better do 2 or 3 different states) before hit for last time to willy, cause in that mame version saddly sometimes the game crash at the end.
loading a save state, and after some trys, the game end must appear without problems.
is lilke a lottery... sometimes the game end appears perfectly, and others the game resets. is a luck thing.

apart, some chars works better than others. and have more attacks avaliable... for example jeff (that after all is a clon of the lee twins) have all the attacks avaliable!.

some few others, like willy only works with a whip. so they need that you take a whip and then change the char to willy. at least with this trick they can be used a little...

also some chars can perform attacks that must dont have... like linda that can perform jump kicks (with a wrong animation of a poke attack).
or williams, that perform an infinite punch combo. (thats why on the videos i try to end the combo using a jump kick).

curiousities:
---------------
other curious thing is that the enemies keep their power too...
i means that if you get abore in dd2 (the arnold/terminator abobo) he can send one enemy to the ground on a single attack!. just like him do as a normal enemy. ;)

you can find too, a rare unused billy-jimmy evil twin, unused on dd1. it remenber the last double dragon 2 boss. but with other colours palatte.

apart, there exist some differences beetwhen the playable enemies in dd1 and dd2. and some have more attacks on one of the 2 games.

other curious thing is that some chars can use weapons. for example abobo. that doe their kicks if you take the baseball bat.
however, sometimes these weapon attacks dont cause damage for kills the enemies. and others times yes. i dont remenber if this happens only sometimes or with one of the 2 games.

for end:
with the "change enemies" codes, you can change your enemies to else other. making possible do funny things...
like play as one enemy, and fights against 3 or 4 lee brothers/unused clon enemies...
or change all the dd2 enemies in the screen into several "williams & marian" enemies, for save her many times.
also, is possible change the last dd2 boss, or one of the enemies that comes with willy for one "williams & marian" enemy, for save her and create a happy ending... ;)

however, remenber that those enemy players dont attacks in one of the games, i think that this happens only in dd1.

greetings :)
wildebeast
Black Belt

Re: double dragon 1,2 & 3 mame cheat codes + others by miguelo

Post by wildebeast »

wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »