Scott Pilgrim vs The World Game Trailer

The area for all those other video games.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

KRAL
Yellow Belt

Scott Pilgrim vs The World Game Trailer

Post by KRAL »

OK, saw this at uni.. and was in disbelief.

Think
Double Dragon with a slightly Metal Slug sort of look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAY4vNJd7A8

enjoy

edit:

watch 0:40 to 0:46.. to have a Double Dragongazm
Steve Halfpenny

Re: Scott Pilgrim vs The World Game Trailer

Post by Steve Halfpenny »

There's a surprise. Somebody who is actually using a licence to come up with something cool and original and yet somehow a tribute to a dead genre!

Great find there! Very River City... Looks fantastic!
Steve Halfpenny

Update - Scott Pilgrim Vs The World is coming to XBox Live! Win for me!
Kenshiro28
White Belt

Post by Kenshiro28 »

I only read the first book when that trailer came out. By the end of this past weekend, I've become a full-fledged fan. That said, hot-damn, what a game. Has a tendency to be really buggy at times but wow. I really hope these guys get to do another brawler.
Steve Halfpenny

I have to say I'm a little disappointed after playing the game trial. It looks and sounds great and plays okay too. My issue is the generally slugish pace. I was expecting a much faster game, something more akin to Konami's TMNT or Simpsons beat em ups. Oh well. Maybe it'll eventually win me over eventually.
Kenshiro28
White Belt

Post by Kenshiro28 »

Yeah, that's the one thing I didn't dig too much about it. You have to level up to run. That said, once you max out your speed and strength, it gets pretty silly seeing you zoom around and knocking dudes almost out of the screen, then rushing after them to knock 'em around some more before they hit the ground.
Steve Halfpenny

I'm all for the progress. Maybe I'll go back to it sometime. There are too many great games out there for now and I barely have the time as it is!
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingtuchkasultramaficrockultraviolettesting