What happened??

The place to talk everything Double Dragon.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

ddragon4life
Yellow Belt

What happened??

Post by ddragon4life »

I have been away a long time

what happened to the site with all the articles and everything Double Dragon?

the old forums are no more?
DojoMaster
Site Admin

Re: What happened??

Post by DojoMaster »

I'm not sure what you mean. The site is still alive and kicking. All of our articles are still present.

The old forums couldn't be migrated because, well, I just don't know how to do that. So I had to recreate them from scratch here.
ddragon4life
Yellow Belt

Post by ddragon4life »

DojoMaster wrote:I'm not sure what you mean. The site is still alive and kicking. All of our articles are still present.

The old forums couldn't be migrated because, well, I just don't know how to do that. So I had to recreate them from scratch here.

ah i found it.

i still had it st as an old link from classic gaming site.

had a separate link for the forums.

i had my own profile and all i believe under this name or similar one on the old forums.

glad the site is still up.

Double Dragon is stil my fav series of games. still after 25 yrs.

your site is only site that does it justice.. :)
DojoMaster
Site Admin

Post by DojoMaster »

I'm just surprised that even to this day, no one else has really tried to make a Double Dragon site. Yet there are tons of Castlevania and Metroid sites. I wouldn't mind a little competition!
ddragon4life
Yellow Belt

Post by ddragon4life »

DojoMaster wrote:I'm just surprised that even to this day, no one else has really tried to make a Double Dragon site. Yet there are tons of Castlevania and Metroid sites. I wouldn't mind a little competition!

I have seen one or two other sites in my travels but it was usually just a one page deal on a retro games site not a whole site dedicated to DD like this one. no competition..

so...............

since i have your attention and i got nothing better to do since i am sick in bed :mrgreen: i been looking at all the articles and listings for the different game systems and noticed a few mistakes or oversights you may not have seen if im not mistaken

. firstly you have double dragon for xbox live not listed for arcade Double Dragon 1 and its listed under double dragon II ports. ( I wish they would release DD II on xbox live but they haven't yet only the first original arcade and with updated redrawn sprites and scenery background option) so it isn't the same as coin op original.

also a very small thing.. for sega master system codes for double dragon it says go to bottom left and perform 10 jumping back kicks to be able to continue if you die. but you can really do it anywhere or even as soon as you start the mission don't move and do the 10 jumping back kicks (if your playing one player you will see the player two side start blinking saying press start) when the code works.

you have an awesome site man don't knock it..

and i am not meaning to criticize or nitpick just trying to help. :D

have you ever played any of the fanmade openbor mods of double dragon? some of them are amazing especially ones by this modder calling himself MR Q.
DojoMaster
Site Admin

Post by DojoMaster »

Actually, DD II for the Xbox Live Arcade is an entirely new game that isn't simply a port. Click on the Dojo's main page and scroll down to see what I mean. I haven't listed Double Dragon I for the Xbox Live Arcade because it's simply a port of the original.

I'll try to check out that info you gave me about the Master System version.

I haven't really played any of the fan-made games except for Abobo's Big Adventure. I should really get around to doing that.
DinLee
Purple Belt

Post by DinLee »

well if it means anything my site (Brawlers Avenue) covers beat em ups altogether, the genre needs some more love imo. even have a featured artwork for the site, I warn you though the artist has a "unique" sense of humor.
http://www.brawlersavenue.net
I could certainly use the help in the Double Dragon area, I'm more of a Final Fight, SoR player myself though I love the nes DD1.

Btw when is the DD2 xbl supposed to be out? I look for Double Dragon and nothing shows up at all not even the arcade dd1 (wasn't that on xbl?)
Steve Halfpenny

Post by Steve Halfpenny »

DD was taken off XBox Live ages ago because the publisher no longer has the rights.

Okay, for the last time, POISON IS NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!!! Anyone who has played Street Fighter X Tekken will know this from the fact that NO transsexual on the planet has legs like that!

Bloody Capcom USA! Funny pics though, man.
DinLee
Purple Belt

Post by DinLee »

Steve Halfpenny wrote:DD was taken off XBox Live ages ago because the publisher no longer has the rights.

Okay, for the last time, POISON IS NOT A TRANSSEXUAL!!! Anyone who has played Street Fighter X Tekken will know this from the fact that NO transsexual on the planet has legs like that!

Bloody Capcom USA! Funny pics though, man.

THE SATSU NO TROLL HAS TAKEN ME!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lj-9npa ... r_embedded
not a big deal to me, she's a sack of pixels :P (hurr hurr sack)

I would like to affiliate with this site, we're looking to expand the fan base especially for final fight and double dragon seeing as we're already well affiliated with majority of the SoR community.

What ever happened to that new DD game for xbl? I still can't find it.