Double Dragon II: Wanderer of the Dragons Cyclone Xbox360!!

Got a hot tip about the Double Dragon series? Post it here!

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

MysteriousWarrior
Purple Belt

Re: Double Dragon II: Wanderer of the Dragons Cyclone Xbox36

Post by MysteriousWarrior »

A note to any indie developers out there who want to make a new DD game that does justice to the series: It is really difficult for a gaming company to file a lawsuit if you are not actually turning a profit. Also, if they file a cease and desist on you for uploading an unlicensed game, once your game has gone viral, they can't do anything to stop it's inevitable spread anyway. Just throwing this info out there. Not endorsing or condemning.

If only BomberLink were a hardcore DD fan, instead of SoR...sigh.
Rockman
Green Belt

Post by Rockman »

MysteriousWarrior wrote:If only BomberLink were a hardcore DD fan, instead of SoR...sigh.

This.

I STILL play SORR long after having unlocked everything and getting every ending!
DinLee
Purple Belt

Post by DinLee »

Is it possible to put together such a project? I mean there's SO MANY different versions of Double Dragon 1 alone let alone adding 2, 3, Super onto that. What kind of graphics would the fans prefer? Music? Who would be playable? any references to outside canon games?

As awesome as it would be to see a SoRR equivalent for Double Dragon it seems like a very ambitious task, one could dream. I think the only reason SoR turned out so well is that the series is pretty much compact to 3 main games with a mobile version or 2 that have very little differences.

Not sure how I would feel about a dd fangame on the computer, Double Dragon for me works a lot better on consoles but then again I have a crappy computer that can't even support usb controllers. :| on the other hand there is a very interesting OBoR Mod being worked on that plays very closely to super DD from what I've seen so far. :mrgreen:
mechapop
Red Belt

Post by mechapop »

Yeah, no thanks.

Anyone remember The Bouncer from ten years ago which had way better graphics? This style isn't too far removed from 1995's Dynamite Cop.

Anyone remember the 2003 3d side brawler called "Demolish Fist"? That looked way better than this.

Why can't a company make an ALL NEW DD game, and go with this style of graphics?

Or use the original DD1/DD2 style.

But yeah, lameo ultra dated 3d? Tumbleweeds.
http://www.youtube.com/user/badicalpower/videos
(my adult swimlike animated series)
Steve Halfpenny

Post by Steve Halfpenny »

I should point out that when I seen the screens I expected the worst. The game moves far better that I expected and the remixes sound pretty good.

Hey, just trying to be a little positive here. :?
DojoMaster
Site Admin

Post by DojoMaster »

Steve, are you going to download it? If so, want to do a review? By the way, isn't there an older game that we haven't reviewed? I think a version of Double Dragon III for the Amiga. I think there's also a cell phone game from 2004 or something. If I recall correctly, there were two separate cell phone titles at that time.
Steve Halfpenny

There's quite a few games that need reviewing actually and some on the site that need updating. Sadly, most of them are too depressing and this new game looks like it may end up the same!

I will absolutely check it out when it is released however. Don't worry about that.

I dunno how you could get hold of the cell phone games unless there's an emulator.
mechapop
Red Belt

Post by mechapop »

DojoMaster wrote:Steve, are you going to download it? If so, want to do a review? By the way, isn't there an older game that we haven't reviewed? I think a version of Double Dragon III for the Amiga. I think there's also a cell phone game from 2004 or something. If I recall correctly, there were two separate cell phone titles at that time.

Yeah there's that obscure DD game from 2004, a year before DD Ex. All the reviews said it was horrific, and the screenshots looked terrible.

Im with others in wondering when we will finally get a new original DD game...then again, DD2 was pretty much a repainted DD1
http://www.youtube.com/user/badicalpower/videos
(my adult swimlike animated series)
Steve Halfpenny

Currently the site needs these new games (by new I mean during the last ten years... ouch!) plus the Spectrum and Amiga DD3 (standard ports), all the Atari ST games (almost identical to the Amiga versions), the awful Amstrad ports (DD1 and the Spanish DD2) and the OFFICIAL MSX game (crummy Spectrum port) for completion.

Now I'm planning to do something different in the next week (or possibly two due to my busy schedule!) involving someone you know on here. Hopefully we can do this asap and will add much needed interest to the Dojo. Stay tuned.
JimmyLee
Purple Belt

Post by JimmyLee »

Nice to see at least it's a beat'em up, and not a Street Fighter clone.
Sadly it looks like the gameplay has nothing to do with Double Dragon.
Is it me or they have a train level inspired by DDF????