Streets of Rage Remake v.5 Released

The area for all those other video games.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

DinLee
Purple Belt

Streets of Rage Remake v.5 Released

Post by DinLee »

http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project
any SoR fans in here? I'm so pumped I can't even explain how awesome this is! :D
oxe161
Yellow Belt

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v.5 Released

Post by oxe161 »

Argh you beat me to it! :evil:

Oh and theres a level in that game that's a reference to DD2 on NES. A helicopter level which can drag you out sometimes...only it's harder than DD2
"If the illusion spreads, the evil will live again. but if two dragons soar through the sky, an angel will fall to the Earth
Steve Halfpenny

Post by Steve Halfpenny »

"93 stages in story mode"

I beg your pardon?!!
DinLee
Purple Belt

Post by DinLee »

oxe161 wrote:Argh you beat me to it! :evil:

Oh and theres a level in that game that's a reference to DD2 on NES. A helicopter level which can drag you out sometimes...only it's harder than DD2

sorry :P I also find the rooftops and a certain enemy on the sor1 bridge to be references too :D

Steve Halfpenny wrote:"93 stages in story mode"

I beg your pardon?!!

93 refers to each scene in game. there are 8 stages no matter which route you take but 93 *actually over 100* scenes to go through. lots of replay value! ;)

This game is pretty sick I love all the easter eggs and Adam is back and better than ever! ;-;

too bad Sega slapped a C&D on this gem :evil: hopefully that gets resolved.
mechapop
Red Belt

Post by mechapop »

While I never got too much into SoR(I was more of a Final Fight, Double Dragon and Rushing Beat series fan) I have a love of most side scrollers so I definitely want to finally check this game out.

It's funny Sega would want to slap a CnD on this one. This is not your typical "fan game", this is a highly polished and professional product, and it would be more in Sega's interest to work with these guys and release it as a digital download for PSN or XBLA with some tweaking. Maybe even a dsi or wiiware title.

For some, the idea might sound odd, but the most successful and popular game of all time(least back then), was Ms. Pacman...a game that was pretty much an unauthorized fan game hack by American students, for whom Namco bought the rights to and released officially. Counter Strike was another fan game made official, which has long since eclipsed the popularity of Half Life.
http://www.youtube.com/user/badicalpower/videos
(my adult swimlike animated series)
Steve Halfpenny

I believe somebody did a FPS mod featuring the X Men years ago (can't remember what game it was for. Hexen or something). It ended up being licensed by Marvel.

So yeah, anything is possible. I hope Sega do something with this despite not being a big SoR fan either (I like their other stuff though!).
Eddie MountainGoat
Red Belt

Post by Eddie MountainGoat »

DinLee wrote:I also find the rooftops and a certain enemy on the sor1 bridge to be references too :D

Are you referring to Cody? Or is there another Easter Egg, which I missed?
DinLee
Purple Belt

Post by DinLee »

I'm referring to the purple garcia named williams. at least I took it as a reference anyway :P
Steve Halfpenny

I managed to get a copy of this. It is very good indeed and clearly the engine is far superior to Beats of Rage. The size of the game is quite ridiculous but it is very, very well done and should definitely be snapped up by Sega. Should be interesting to see what happens when people start making their own games too. A DD mod is very possible indeed, even if we have to do it!
DinLee
Purple Belt

Post by DinLee »

well the bad news there is that SoR Maker is very limited, you can only created stages and I'm unsure if you can make stages like the rooftops *platforming type* so at most you'd probably be able recreate a few stages using SoR thugs in place of DD types (barbon is pretty close to Abobo's moveset imo). I hope something get's worked out with sega.