Сonstruct a tiny home

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Kamam
Green Belt

Сonstruct a tiny home

Post by Kamam »

I’m fascinated by the tiny home movement and considering using a shipping container as the base for my build. Has anyone here gone through this process? I’m curious about the challenges you faced in design, obtaining permits, and making the space livable. Any tips or experiences would be greatly appreciated!
Erich
Brown Belt

Re: Сonstruct a tiny home

Post by Erich »

Hi! I've been part of a community building tiny homes from various materials, including shipping containers. One challenge is ensuring the container is properly insulated. Without it, they can become like ovens in summer or freezers in winter. It’s also vital to plan your space wisely to maximize usability.
Farew
Brown Belt

Post by Farew »

Hello there! I’ve helped design a few container homes. The key is to get creative with your layout to utilize every inch of space. Also, check with your local municipality on container home regulations as they can vary significantly from place to place. Good luck with your project!
Olesh
Purple Belt

Post by Olesh »

Absolutely, using shipping containers can create stunning and efficient homes. If you're looking at options, a 40ft shipping container provides ample space for a single or multi-level tiny home design. Pelicancontainers offers these containers, which are perfect for such projects. They also assist with modifications like cutting out windows, doors, and installing necessary fixtures. Their expertise can guide you through the zoning laws and structural integrity checks to ensure your tiny home is both safe and compliant with local standards. Plus, they have a gallery of past projects to inspire your design!