Yoshihisa Kishimoto interview with The Verge

Got a hot tip about the Double Dragon series? Post it here!

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Jake Crusher
White Belt

Yoshihisa Kishimoto interview with The Verge

Post by Jake Crusher »

Yesterday stumbled across this interesting article:
http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/4 ... ble-dragon

It looked quite interesting to me...
Last edited by Jonny2x4 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonny2x4

Re: Yoshihisa Kishimoto interview with The Verge

Post by Jonny2x4 »

I was actually going to post a link to the article just now. I really like the concept artwork he gave to WayForward for reference (I don't think it was actually drawn by him though, despite what the Verge says, it looks more like concept art from his unmade Kunio-kun sequel that featured the Lees as guest characters). I actually prefer them over the actual designs they used for Neon.
Attachments
Kishimoto_sketches.jpg
Kishimoto_sketches.jpg (146.87 KiB) Viewed 12173 times
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

It really makes me wish they would have used those designs. They are near perfect.
DinLee
Purple Belt

Post by DinLee »

Those would've been fit for the game as well.
Eddie MountainGoat
Red Belt

Post by Eddie MountainGoat »

NICE FIND! A well-written and informative article.

As for that concept art, which one's Billy and which one's Jimmy? I'm guessing Jimmy's the one on the left (with the crewcut), and Billy's on the right.

But since I read that article, I've been looking for the Double Dragon "unlicensed anime series", which it mentions. Can anybody help me out?

And I might get something thrown at me for saying this, but I thought the in-game rendering of Marian was PERFECT, and this concept looks completely wrong.
Jonny2x4

Post by Jonny2x4 »

But since I read that article, I've been looking for the Double Dragon "unlicensed anime series", which it mentions. Can anybody help me out?

He's probably referring to the cartoon series that Tradewest licensed out without Technos' involvement. He talked about it in the No Life special as well and said that Billy and Jimmy looked more like ninjas on that show.

As for that concept art, which one's Billy and which one's Jimmy? I'm guessing Jimmy's the one on the left (with the crewcut), and Billy's on the right.

Jimmy has usually been depicted with a blond crewcut since DD3 on the NES (even earlier if we count the promotional art for the Famicom games).
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинйоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфо
инфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоинфоtuchkasинфоинфо