[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Double Dragon Dojo Forums • View topic - Double Dragon Remake Coming to iPhone and iPod Touch

Double Dragon Dojo Forums

The discussion area for "the greatest martial arts series ever."
It is currently Sat May 30, 2020 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Double Dragon Remake Coming to iPhone and iPod Touch
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:30 pm 
Red Belt

You talking DD3 NES or Arcade? Good to see a fan of DD3, I usually just see hate on that particular entry. I played through DD3 arcade for the first time since the early 1990's,
and I really just can't get into it. Though I will say the first look does have a cool look to it, as much as its just a generic late 80's side scroller street level.
I just can't get over the feel that the game feels like it was made by Konami. It totally has this jerky Crime Fighters/Vendetta feel to it, even a bit of Combatribes. Again I'd be curious why Technos Japan didnt make it and not use the standard DD1/DD2 look. I'm mixed on DD3...it's hard for me to enjoy the arcade game, and while the NES version feels more like the "real" version, even for a seasoned gamer like myself I still find it too tough to enjoy thoroughly. But Im odd, I love DD Neo Geo(tho I pretend Battletoads/DD, "DDV" and the Kunnio Kun pixel swap gb DD2 doesnt exist)

Yeah Im surprised Roper and other faves weren't in DDi. Though they clearly expanded the roster. Really wish Marian could be a playable unlockable character, especially in that outfit you see at the end. She was suppose to be in DDA. You know what would be seriously awesome? If Brizo makes a DDi sequel, and its based partly on BOTH the arcade and NES DD2. I cant say enough good things about the layout and color palette of DD2 NES as much as I like the arcade game.

Also, yeah I thought the two bikers would join in and not merely be in the background.

Overall I'm a sucker for late 80's and early 90's side scrolling beat em ups, though there is something to be said about non Final Fight clones and pre Final Fight games(like DD1 and 2, Ninja Gaiden arcade,
Bad Dudes, etc)

Sadly I've still yet to place this, as my ipod touch cant upgrade to ios4, but Im hoping to play it on my friend's ipad2 soon.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:20 pm 
Red Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:58 am 
Red Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:26 am 
Green Belt

So, the mystery of "who is that silver haired guy?" has officially been answered by Brizo.

In this interview with the project director, Ryosuke Jinno, he reveals that the Biker at the end of the credits is in fact Willys son!

The excerpt reads:

"20. (Spoiler Question) At the end of the game Billy and Jimmy Lee drive off into the sunset with Marian.. Right at the end before the screen fades, there is someone looking at them on the side of the road … WHO is this mystery man??

Brizo: The son of a character from the game. His hair color might give you a hint, but I’ll leave the rest up to your imagination. Perhaps it’s hinting at a sequel?!"

I mean I could be wrong but who else is rocking silver hair besides willy? I mean he could be lavis' son... but I doubt it, what with the statues up in willys hideout and all.

To read the whole interview go here:

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2011 ... interview/

Some interesting things to note, such as the fact that they realize that the controls on the iPhone are not suited to play as precisely as you could with a joystick/d-pad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:46 am 
Red Belt

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:50 am 
Site Admin

So does anyone want to provide us with a review? Do you feel you can do a good job pointing out all the pros and cons of the game?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

Hey guys, I've put together a character page for the iPhone/iPod Touch/Zeebo versions of Double Dragon. You can take a look at it here:

http://doubledragon.kontek.net/games/dd ... phone.html

I just want to make sure I didn't make any mistakes. The Zeebo and iPhone games are the exact same, right? Can anyone confirm that for me? Also, Rockman, the screengrab you posted for Mark is incomplete. It's cutoff about 2/3 of the way down for some reason, so I can't grab an image of the character. I also don't have his full bio. Could you provide me with a full screengrab for his information?

I'm not sure what image to use for Marian. Does anyone have a suggestion? Also, unless someone can crop the character sprites better than what I did, I'll just post them as they are on the page right now.

With that said, I haven't made that character page available on the main site yet because we don't have any review yet. Can anyone provide us with a review of the iPhone and Zeebo versions? I think I've had some offers before, but nobody has really followed through with that. If you write a review, I will get it posted ASAP!

And hey, maybe we can get Steve to write those remaining Double Dragon III reviews for us!

[Edit: I found this image buried in this thread. How about I use this for Marian?]

Attachments:
charmarianddiphone.jpg
charmarianddiphone.jpg [ 70.65 KiB | Viewed 7847 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:11 am 
Purple Belt

Hey DojoMaster, the Zeebo and IOS versions of Double Dragon, although very similar, are NOT the exact same game. There are a few playthroughs on Youtube of each respective game to see the numerous differences.

Among the many differences are graphics, levels, and enemies. The closest thing I can compare the differences to would be that of the original Double Dragon arcade to that of Double Dragon II arcade.

The core gameplay seems almost identical between the Zeebo and IOS, except of course for the infamous touchscreen control of the IOS game.

As for a review of the IOS game; I would love to, except that the game is simply not available for HTC Android phones. Lame :(

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

OK. I had my suspicions, but I wanted to make sure the characters weren't the same in the two versions. I'll need to edit the characters page so that it's only for the iPhone/iPod Touch version.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:44 pm 
Purple Belt

regarding lavis
"Note: The in-game description for Lavis suggests that she is a man, but the artwork above clearly contradicts that. It's likely just a typo."
I'd have to disagree, the jacket covers up the chest so there's no telling if the character has breasts, and those hands look pretty manly lol. I guess lavis is ambiguous at best, falling under the 'poison rule' ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next