[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Double Dragon Dojo Forums • View topic - Double Dragon Remake Coming to iPhone and iPod Touch

Double Dragon Dojo Forums

The discussion area for "the greatest martial arts series ever."
It is currently Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Double Dragon Remake Coming to iPhone and iPod Touch
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:22 pm 
Red Belt

*sigh* No chance for me to play this, as it turns out it's only for ios 4.1, which older ipod touches can't upgrade too. No idea why they did that, but I guess I'll live vicariously through your guy's videos and descriptions.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:25 pm 
Red Belt

Just poured through the videos you uploaded! Was cool to see the addition of bonus stages as well as two new exclusive levels besides the classic stages. I think I like the way they kept the classic stage look more here than DDA. I definitely like the look of the new girl bosses, at least in drawn form. But what does Lavis do attack wise? She looks like she just walks around cumbersomely in an oversized coat. And Deena, hmm...

My biggest question is, who are all these new guys? They surely can't all be all different variants of Steve, Williams, and Roper? I saw a guy with painted eye makeup, a shirtless emo haired guy, several club dancer fighter girls, multiple agents, the chain gain black dudes and then versions with red eyes and hoodies, some guy with a whip and tight purple shirt in level one where Linda should have been.
I like how it displays the name of the boss when you're fighting them, but like Final Fight and Capcom brawlers I wish it had the names of each character.

I just noticed in the character selection screen, it shows the name of the character highlighted. I wonder if it was possible from there and the data section to find out a full list of all the character names?

Also I'm very curious what's in the data. Let us know if you can type out some of em!

As far as the mysterious guy, it definitely makes sense that that would be Willy's brother(though he looks much younger than him) The Billy/Willy Jimmy/Jim thing makes sense. Either he's a hidden character, or more likely they're setting up a sequel for this holiday season or next year depending on ddi sales(Im guessing either partially based on DD2 arcade with original levels, or a whole new game from scratch)
I think Marian should be an included selectable fighter in DDi2 if there is one. She looked great in the ending sprites/art. Finally, I'm sad they didn't include some of the characters from Zeebo, like the anime winged girl. She seemed like she'd be a way cooler character than Lavis.

I found a full list of all the DDA character names, though no idea how accurate it is:

billy lee
jimmy lee
marian
abobo
burnov
williams
roper
linda
steve
hang
wong
chen wang-yu
chen yuan-gui
kikuchiyo
mibobo
yang zeng-li
wu ren-zhi
andersen
david
raymond
willy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:14 pm 
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:23 pm 
Purple Belt

Just one more thing, I got on the DDI facebook page, and asked about bluetooth gamepad/keyboard support, and it began to open up more complaints on their wall, LOL.... oops

It's still up there. My pic is of the mildly disturbed looking guy (me) with Frylock in the background.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:07 am 
Red Belt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:38 pm 
Red Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:30 pm 
Purple Belt

I downloaded it and so far have been enjoying it. I'm a huge fan, but was a little skeptical, because most of these side-scrollers are tough to manuever on the iPhone. This, however, isn't too bad. I have larger fingers, but I haven't had any problems moving the Lees in different directions or hitting the right action move.

The graphics are great and I like how the stages (only played the first 2) are somewhat altered graphically. Such as the ladder on the first stage is bent and ruined. Nothing a newbie would care about, but an old fan like me can appreciate. Characters are pretty fluid.

I hope this is just a hint of what might come as far as consoles. Would be nice if the company put together the Nes Versions and Original arcade versions on to one WII disc.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:23 pm 
Red Belt

Sweet full feature review of DDi!

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2011 ... ne-review/

How did they get such clear screenshots of the game?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:28 am 
Green Belt

I don't know how they got them but I can get the same quality shots using the display recorder app if there's any shot in particular you want. The videos are actually that clear as well, but because it was too high quality/resolution for me to edit it and re-encode as it was.

I've been "campaigning" pretty hard on the DD:iPhone facebook site and after calling out the developers for not answering me (I was completely un-rude lol) they finally responded a bit about the controls. Saying that they're "now discussing internally on what we can do", at least its something. Also a few people, who aren't me, are asking them about getting a release of this on PSN or XBLA soooo if that goes down HOORAY for new DD game on an actual gaming platform!

But just as exciting is the fact that they've actually acknowledged this site and the awesome works of, as they call him, "Mr. Dojo master" lol. It seems that someone else there has already asked for an interview. Maybe we can do the same a get an exclusive for The Dojo??

What do you think DM??

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:17 pm 
Purple Belt

I bought this the first day, and I'm not loving it. I actually agree with IGN about this game. As much as I wanted to like the game, I can't deal with the controls. Bad controls and cheap enemies make for a very unpleasant gaming experience. I find myself fighting the controls more than the enemies. I lose more lives falling off places than I do getting bodied. The game is not a total loss to me. If you remember my posts from the previous forum, I am a fan of credible female opponents. Even though the female enemies disappear after the fifth stage, this is the first game with not one but two female bosses. I wished Lavis could have been the perverted boss instead of Burnov, but this is direction of the new Double Dragon not taking itself as seriously as it used to. I could just be salty because I still haven't beaten the game yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next