[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Double Dragon Dojo Forums • View topic - Double Dragon Remake Coming to iPhone and iPod Touch

Double Dragon Dojo Forums

The discussion area for "the greatest martial arts series ever."
It is currently Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Double Dragon Remake Coming to iPhone and iPod Touch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:27 pm 
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:59 pm 
Red Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:43 pm 
Purple Belt

Only one video on youtube so far. It showcases the entire first level. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvY3WzRn2Xo

Looking forward to some Rockman vids myself. Even at your worst, Rockman, awkward touch screen controls or not, you are no doubt ten times more adept at this game than the guy in this video.

It's too bad that there are no emulators for iphone/droid games on pc. I would totally donate my $4 to brizzo, and just play the emulated version on the pc.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:42 am 
Green Belt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:52 pm 
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:07 pm 
Green Belt

WOW, I did NOT know that about Zangief lol. No matter, still one of my favorite characters in SF.. and lmao @ comment about Burnov not being quite human. I mean the dude does disintegrate and then re-appear!

No love for the gensatsuken masters and the statues on the wall are actually two dragons (one red and one blue ironically), also willy's "new tricks" is actually the surprise BUT it's way more bad ass when you play as both dragons as there is a whole set of dialogue that goes down between his "transformation"!

Most of all I was upset bc he cut out the amazing part with Chin! Gah I wan't to tell you guys but I'd much rather show you lol. I found out about an app that allows you to record video directly on the ipod itself sooo super clear videos to come this weekend! Bad playing be damned, there's so much stuff I want to show you guys!

Also at the moment it is in complete infancy stage BUT I may have a way for this game to be played with an actual physical controller! Stay Tuned!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:48 pm 
Purple Belt

Yeah man, they don't call him the Russian Bear for nothing, LOL!

Aw man, I was really hoping for a Mysterious warrior, Duke, or Raymond like character hidden in this game, but that's alright. As for the statues on the wall at Willy's arena, they are both right next to the dragon statues. They are pretty high up, and for all I know, it could just be statues of Billy and Jimmy.

Yeah, when I saw Willy drop his gun, I was like "Holy $%#t! Willy's got the GLOW! SHO'NUFF!" He's got some mean looking attacks too.

Looking really forward to seeing some vids, Rockman. Can't wait to see some NES Chin madness. And, the best part is now you can unlock and play as him, too!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:59 am 
Green Belt

First off, 200 Points for Last Dragon Reference lol

Alrighty guys, ask and you shall receive! I've upload the entire game from Intro through ending with all the stages in between! I played through with Jimmy, who as you may or may not know is my favorite, but with the little I've played with Billy it doesn't seem like the dialogue differs a whole lot. In the video you'll see my crappy playing due to the crappy touch screen controls (i.e. I'll run up to an opponent and do nothing sometimes because I'd miss the button and I've dropped LOTS of juggles as well as not doing some of the really cool innovative ones that I know you can do), but it still takes you through the game a bit faster and better then some of the other youtube vids. Plus it's recorded directly from the iphone so it's super clear!!

In the vid you'll see some of the new moves such as Jimmy's axe handle smash and the Dragon Hyper Uppercut! There are way more but I haven't maxed my EXP points yet (through 2 playthroughs!).

So here are the videos, and guys if any of you have facebook or twitter please help me in telling Brizo on their facebook page that WE WANT BLUETOOTH CONTROL PAD/KEYBOARD SUPPORT!! I posted a long entry on their wall about it but they simply ignored me and chose to answer other ppls posts. So help me out!

Intro + Stage 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnKSJZpx6YY

Stage 2 + Bonus Stage 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoAiBxFiirQ

Stage 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6MVi5TrCU8

Stage 4 (Enter Chin!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaQZYACoxhw

Stage 5:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KreZMJ36Wsc

Bonus Stage 2 + Final Stage (and Return of Chin!):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cvby4xgv_g

Ending:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4xtwRfDgtY

So there you guys go! I may record and upload the "How to Play" instructions in the game a bit later and give you a look at the character select screen and Data (Lots of fun facts in there! Did you know Linda was married to Williams? =O ). So enjoy it and seriously do me a favor and help me to get Brizo to hear our voices!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:08 pm 
Purple Belt

Rockman, thanks for sharing the great videos. I can truly see the frustration with those touch screen controls, with that said, your gameplay was still much better than what has been shown in other videos. I hope brizzo does something to improve on these control issues. This looks like too good of a game to be hampered by awkward control.

In watching these videos, I've noticed some interesting things toward the end. **SPOILERS**

Notice the statues in between the classic gargoyles. The one on the left (your left, the viewer) is obviously Willy. But, there is another statue on the right of someone new with spiky hair and sideburns.

...And, again in Willy's lair next to the red dragon we have Willy's statue, and next to the blue dragon we have a statue of this unknown spiky haired guy again. Then finally, at the end of the credits...

The Lees and Marion drive right past a silver spiky haired guy with sideburns in front of a motorcycle. Same guy perhaps? And who could this mystery guy be? My main speculation is that he could possibly be none other than a revamped version of Willy's brother Jim from DD3.

Could this mean that "Jim" is a secret character in the game? Or, along with the ominous message at the end of the credits, a hint of a possible sequel?

Thanks goes out of course to Rockman for uploading videos clear enough to notice these details.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:44 pm 
Green Belt

LOL!!! Yoooo! After I posted this up my friend came by, we were watching the videos and made the same exact connection you did!! If that's jim though he looks totally different then his DD3 incarnation, but this game is all about re-designs so we'll see!

I'll look at all the secret character slots and match them with all the different characters in the game to see if theres an extra spot left over.. that should help us figure out a bit more.

I think you have to beat the game enough time to unlock all the dudes and then you'll fight him... Man I know I sound like a broken record but I sooo wish this had actual controls =( !

Also off topic and fan boyish, but you ever notice how Willy is short for the name William which the nickname for in itself is Bill?? And of course Jim can be short for James, but you could also call him Jimmy?

Soooo Willy = Billy and Jim = Jimmy!

I think it's cool how the Boss and his brother have different forms of the same names as Billy and Jimmy.. Just sayin lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next