Double Dragon Remake

The place for all the fan-made Double Dragon games.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Z0X
Purple Belt

Re: Double Dragon Remake

Post by Z0X »

maxman wrote:Stage looks great! Did PrimeOp finish working on the rest of the baddies besides Linda? Or are you going to sprite the baddies?

What's wrong with you? This is (My) Linda NOT PrimeOps, his is only Billy's stance (6 sprites) I have my own vision for DD characters, moves and everything.
So I hope that you like my sprite art
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

maxman wrote:Stage looks great! Did PrimeOp finish working on the rest of the baddies besides Linda? Or are you going to sprite the baddies?

Play2win wrote:It's ok- there's no accounting for tastes. But, in my prior post, I was actually thinking more about about Rage of the Dragons. Even though It's a tribute game- I think those are the best drawn "officially released" Billy and Jimmy Tournament Fighter characters...

I posted my own "Double Dragon" project but I will make a story. Making a story for my project is very difficult though.

Speaking of which, how is your story coming. I know we haven't talked in a while.

ZOX: Those sprites are amazing so far. I don't think he meant any disrespect.
Z0X
Purple Belt

Post by Z0X »

Billy Lee wrote:Those sprites are amazing so far. I don't think he meant any disrespect.

No man, he don't understand that primeop has nothing to do with my project. Only two people are working on this... me and Raphael (BOR Coder)
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Have you thought about a rough idea of the plot? You can't go wrong with the classic damsel in distress scenario...
May you live hapilly forever...
maxman
Yellow Belt

Post by maxman »

Z0X wrote:What's wrong with you? This is (My) Linda NOT PrimeOps, his is only Billy's stance (6 sprites) I have my own vision for DD characters, moves and everything.
So I hope that you like my sprite art

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA!! Hold it right there, man! Don't be harsh. I know Linda is absolutely YOURS 'cause you did sprite her. I'm not gonna fight on this, but I was asking about if Willy and the Shadow Warriors of the 1st Double Dragon were made 'cause I don't see them being finished and who's spriting them. I don't know what you guys are progressing, but I was eager to know who's working on sprites before. Reason why I thought of PrimeOp workin' on the baddies was because he made Billy and Jimmy, but I never knew you had permission from him. I don't want to get into trouble. Also, I still like your sprite art too.

When I asked this, "Did PrimeOp finish working on the rest of the baddies besides Linda?" I was asking if he did the rest or some before, but I didn't mean YOUR Linda, NOT PrimeOp's. I don't know the progress of it. I thought PrimeOp was working and helping you on some of the baddies before. (I was wrong and mistaken) When I said "besides Linda," I meant to say except/not Linda. It was my mistake in saying "besides" instead of "except" or "not."

I don't want to say this, but when you said "What's wrong with you?," it irked me a bit. However, I understand your point after you told Billy Lee. You worked hard to make awesome sprites. Just wanted you to know that sometimes you might hurt some people's feelings after posting and maybe they would not tell you about it. Like you, I get to be harsh and sound negative in real life sometimes. I lose temper sometimes too. I understand you get irritated for misunderstanding things and people say things not corrected about your project.

No man, he don't understand that primeop has nothing to do with my project. Only two people are working on this... me and Raphael (BOR Coder)

I've seen your sprites in your site and also, I thought PrimeOp was helping you on your project before you announced saying that only you and your coder are working on it. I thought he helped you before you found a coder. I didn't know you've been working on your DD sprites alone, OK? I was eager to know about if the baddies are finished or not, except Linda who's already finished.

I don't mean to offend you but to let you know how I feel.

@Play2win: That would be cool! :D I had discussed with Billy Lee about the story for my project and man, the core of the story is very difficult to find. I was thinking of making the story a little similar to DD3 where the Dragons are on their mission to collect maybe some stones or gems, I forgot. Can't remember though. But I would like to make the heroes travel around the world. It would be great if you guys can help me out on the story.

@Billy Lee: I haven't made any story for my project though. Also, I know we haven't talked in a while so I thought you were so busy with real life stuff.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Very cool- I like the globe trotting idea too! Just throwing this out there- what about a mission to get Marion back from the Shadow Warriors that involves recovering rare artifacts from around the world which relate to the history/discipline of Sou-Sersu-Ken? Maybe there are martial artists known in their respective countries for a particular mastery, and their scrolls are sought by the Shadow Warriors so they can be used to dominate the world? Each scroll could graphically demonstrate new moves, and maybe even unlock new moves for the player? Something along those lines? Do you remember the into story to DD3 where they say the Lee brothers went on a journey to perfect their Sou-Setsu-Ken? Your game could take place between the events of the NES DD2 and DD3...
Z0X
Purple Belt

Post by Z0X »

Well let me tell you this, he never helped me not now, not before... so what you see here everything is mine. I have also my stance for Billy and Jimmy created, but i liked primeop's stance more so i asked the guy if i can use it, he said OK, and that's it. I hope you understand it now.

Shadow Warriors... NO Shadow Warriors, it's Black Warriors. Shadow Warriors as I know make their appearance in Super Double Dragon, their Boss is Duke.

btw can someone tell me this in DD2 Marian is killed by Willy, how it comes that she is alive in Super Double Dragon and comes as a Police officer, i never understanded that thing.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Yes, I was never clear on the whole Black Warriors/Shadow Warriors thing. But, the Shadow Warriors are mentioned in the NES DD2, and at the end of the game, Marion is moracurously revived :) That is why she is alive in DD3 for the NES. Note that this revival never happened in the arcade storyline...
maxman
Yellow Belt

Post by maxman »

OK. Now I understand yours about PrimeOp not helping you. Thanks. He's been busy with RL stuff and I think that's why he couldn't help you. He likes to help but real life bothers him, like, when he has his important occasions like the convention and other stuff. I asked him too if he could help me with a different OpenBOR project (not my "Double Dragon") of mine in which he anticipates to play, but same thing, he's busy.
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

ZOX: As Play2Win mentioned, the arcade and NES story lines are completely different. Basically everything went their separate ways beginning with Billy and Jimmy's fight in the first game. Nintendo explains it as the Jimmy being Shadow/Black Boss while in the arcade has them as always being together. The arcade decided to kill Marion whereas Nintendo decided to develop the story a little more so they took a semi-mystical approach. In my opinion, while I love the arcade's game play, the Nintendo storyline is better because there is more to work with and it went in a better direction story-wise than the arcade. It was one of the main points we brought up in our "Ideal Double Dragon game thread."