Double Dragon Remake

The place for all the fan-made Double Dragon games.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Billy Lee
Black Belt

Re: Double Dragon Remake

Post by Billy Lee »

Zox: I can understand why you like the Capcom style. When it comes to Capcom vs. SNK, it seems Capcom is a little more sharply drawn and colorful. SNK has a more darker texture to it. If I was making a darker Double Dragon game I would have probably chosen and SNK format; howevr, if I was making a medium to lighter looking game, Capcom is the way to go. I noticed the difference in both the NEO GEO and Capcom versions of SNK vs. Capcom. Both were good, but the texture and feels to each game is different.
FOr the Capcom style you are using, your work is spot on. It looks like a high def old school Double Dragon game.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

There is no accounting for tastes- but done right, either/both can work very well...
May you live hapilly forever...
Z0X
Purple Belt

Post by Z0X »

Dan Druff
Purple Belt

Post by Dan Druff »

I like it already.
Last edited by Dan Druff on Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes losing is more fun than winning.
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

This game looks absolutely amazing.
Jetstrange
Yellow Belt

Post by Jetstrange »

O yea this is going to rock... I hope you add unlockable characters too
*Cough*Like Jeff*Cough* :P.

Ps! Thank you for giving billy Blond hair omg I don't know why that's a small pev i have when it comes to the series.
Z0X
Purple Belt

Post by Z0X »

Jetstrange wrote:O yea this is going to rock... I hope you add unlockable characters too

Ps! Thank you for giving billy Blond hair omg I don't know why that's a small pev i have when it comes to the series.

bro its a remake of classic DD on arcade machine...that means Billy blonde hair. ;)
Jetstrange
Yellow Belt

Post by Jetstrange »

Z0X wrote:
Jetstrange wrote:O yea this is going to rock... I hope you add unlockable characters too

bro its a remake of classic DD on arcade machine...that means Billy blonde hair. ;)

Awesome I should have known :P. All honestly I do think he does look cool with black or brown and so does his brother looks good with blond hair.
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

Jetstrange wrote:
Z0X wrote:

Awesome I should have known :P. All honestly I do think he does look cool with black or brown and so does his brother looks good with blond hair.

To be honest I prefer the brown-hair Billy. Maybe because he looks more calm whereas Jimmy has more attitude so the blonde hair amplifies it. Like you mentioned it's so minor yet everyone always talks about it.

It seems when you look at video game heroes the one with brown hair is usually the more calm refined one like Ryu and Sasuke whereas anyone with blonde hair usually has an attitude like Ken and Naruto.
Jetstrange
Yellow Belt

Post by Jetstrange »

Billy Lee wrote:To be honest I prefer the brown-hair Billy. Maybe because he looks more calm whereas Jimmy has more attitude so the blonde hair amplifies it. Like you mentioned it's so minor yet everyone always talks about it.

It seems when you look at video game heroes the one with brown hair is usually the more calm refined one like Ryu and Sasuke whereas anyone with blonde hair usually has an attitude like Ken and Naruto.

well damn now that you said that.. now I know why i made the hair change. that is pretty spot on.