Double Dragon Renegade short film project

The place to talk everything Double Dragon.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Play2win
Black Belt

Re: Double Dragon Renegade short film project

Post by Play2win »

Per Wikipedia- "Gigandes is a horizontal scrolling shooter arcade game released by East Technology". East Technology developed DD3...
May you live hapilly forever...
CityHunt3R
Yellow Belt

Post by CityHunt3R »

Matin and English tear

To be Honest, we don't know what they mean either. We simply wanted to stay as true to the game as possible. Though we did develope our own story line, we tried to be creative and some what realistic without straying away from the basic concept of the game.

I hope you guys enjoy the final product. Shooting will actually presume in a few weeks. We just re casted Abobo.
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

Why did you recast Abobo?

I definitely can't wait to see it.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Based on the previews, it looks like you did a fantastic job casting Billy, Jimmy, and Marion. Hopefully you can work the "Spike" and "Hammer" references in the dialogue too :)
CityHunt3R
Yellow Belt

Post by CityHunt3R »

We had to recast our Abobo cause the guy originally casted had a lot of other gigs so essentially he wasn't available. But I'm really happy with the new guy. It's slowly but surely coming together.

Spike and hammer? Can you fill me in on what that is a reference to?
Battle toads?
Last edited by CityHunt3R on Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

The original Taito arcade release of Double Dragon in the United States did not name the characters Billy and Jimmy, but rather Hammer and Spike respectively. The marquis art for the game had them sporting elaborate tattoos with these titles.
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

True. At some point it would be a good move. I don't know whether it should be a team maneuver, catch phrase, or nickname. I just want to see what some of the fights look like. It seems like you have put a lot of thought and heart into it so I look forward to your work.
CityHunt3R
Yellow Belt

Post by CityHunt3R »

The next trailer We cut will have some clips of the fight scenes. We want to give away some of the movie without giving away too much.
Eddie MountainGoat
Red Belt

Post by Eddie MountainGoat »

Re Spike and Hammer: These names were also used in the Master System story, as the Lee brothers' nicknames (although they were switched around).

Your name is Billy Lee. Your twin brother is Jimmy Lee. On the streets they call you the Spike, and your brother, the Hammer.

The DD Dojo has a great pic of the brothers and their tatoos, in the arcade flyer. This image was also used for the marquee.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Regarding the grafitti, I found this little gem of inforamtion regarding "Texaco Leatherman"- it turns out Texaco Leatherman is "an extremely obscure but long-running Japanese garage punk band." They recorded their first album in 1991; Double Dragon 3 came out in 1990, so I presume someone at Technos or East Technology must have seen them live.