Double Dragon Neon

The place to talk everything Double Dragon.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Play2win
Black Belt

Re: Double Dragon Neon

Post by Play2win »

Is anyone else a bit pissed that they STILL have not fixed the online co-op?
May you live hapilly forever...
korruption
White Belt

Post by korruption »

Do I really have to be the brutally honest bad guy here? :|

Attempted to tolerate it for about an hour, then deleted it and smashed my head against the wall for the remainder of the day in a vain attempt to erase it from my memory... Obviously that didn't work. (Un)fortunately I got to play the full version for free since I was using PS Plus at the time. I still feel ripped off though, I could've better used all the time downloading/installing/enduring it to repeatedly stab myself in in the throat with a piece of splintered wood.

This "game" is the epitome of outright atrocious. The controls are remarkably terrible, the difficulty is almost blatantly cheap, none of the characters look like they belong anywhere near a DD game, and the music... well ok the music I can bear with as it beats everything that's "popular" in the industry today and likely forever.

Unfun, unfair, unplayable. I thought Ninja Gaiden 3 (beta) was the lowest point the beat 'em ups could stoop to. This game snatched that "reward" completely.

Double Dragon is now very close to dead to me because of this horrible game. The fans can--and have done--a FAR better job at doing justice to a DD game than these kids...

WayAssbackward is now on my list of boycotts - joining Crapcom, EA, and Activision/Blizzard.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

I agree it doesn't feel like a traditional Double Dragon game, but it's really a good game once you get used to it. The difficulty decreases dramatically once you build up a tape collection, and the gameplay style grows on you with time. Generally, the game also doesn't take itself very seriously. Also, even if you hate the gameplay mechanics, the 80's nostalgia alone makes it a fun experience.
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

To me, it still felt more like the old Ninja Turtles arcade game than it did Double Dragon. Some of the enemies just had that feel. Turn the humans into foot soldiers and it was an TMNT game.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Billy Lee wrote:To me, it still felt more like the old Ninja Turtles arcade game than it did Double Dragon. Some of the enemies just had that feel. Turn the humans into foot soldiers and it was an TMNT game.

Yes that's a fair comparison. Still, the original Ninja Turtles arcade game, like all scrolling beat 'em ups, is a spiritual successor to Double Dragon...
City Hunter
White Belt

Post by City Hunter »

i think this DD is sponsored by Disney channel,should be called Double Disney Neon, for Christ sake! the dragons wearing armors like a power ranger? and the ending whit that karaoke theme and crappy kiddy song??? WTF?
since Technos japan have close down, others companies who aquiered the rights to use the franchise had made a crap of Double Dragon name.
i see a pattern here...wen a USA company takes over a successful brand and makes their version ,the 90% of time is a crap!
take for example the DD cartoons, Street fighter game series, his worse game ever is the one based on the crappy movie starring van damme making Ryu and Ken criminals!!??
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

City Hunter wrote:i think this DD is sponsored by Disney channel,should be called Double Disney Neon, for Christ sake! the dragons wearing armors like a power ranger? and the ending whit that karaoke theme and crappy kiddy song??? WTF?
since Technos japan have close down, others companies who aquiered the rights to use the franchise had made a crap of Double Dragon name.
i see a pattern here...wen a USA company takes over a successful brand and makes their version ,the 90% of time is a crap!
take for example the DD cartoons, Street fighter game series, his worse game ever is the one based on the crappy movie starring van damme making Ryu and Ken criminals!!??

Yeah its sad to see these companies using good names to make a great buck. To me Electronic Arts is the worst. Every company they buy turns to crap. Heck they even screwed up Dragon Age and I loved that game. The Double Dragon Cartoon fell in that era of cheesy cartoons so in a way I understand. Double Dragon should have been a more darker anime if they planed on doing cartoons. I bet it would have been awesome. As far as Street Fighter, yes there is a big difference between the Street Fighter anime and that crappy cheesy cartoon they use to show on USA network. Thank God Double Dragon wasn't as bad as that and the Mortal Kombat cartoon. Like I mentined before, DD Neon felt like the old Ninja Turtles arcade games and not DD which is sad because that embarrassing to the Ninja Turtles franchise that Michael Bay is about to ruin.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

Double Dragon Neon wasn't the best DD remake in the world, but for everyone who thinks it is atrocious- please do yourselves a favor and play a demo of Wanderer of Dragons. Double Dragon Neon plays like the original Double Dragon arcade game in comparison to this Korean crime against humanity.
Last edited by Play2win on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Lee
Black Belt

Post by Billy Lee »

I played Wanderer and sadly your right. Neon was bad, but no where near as bad as Wanderer. At least you could tolerate Neon enough to beat it.
Play2win
Black Belt

Post by Play2win »

I have to "wander" about the timing of the Wander of Dragons release. For those of you who follow current events- here is a timeline of events leading up to its release which is not to be taken seriously under any circumstances. Enjoy.

March 2012

Pyongyang says it plans to carry out a missile test in mid-April as part of a commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the birth of Kim Il Sung, the nation's founder and Kim's grandfather.

April 2012

Defying warnings by U.S. President Barack Obama that Kim has nothing to gain from provocations, Pyongyang launches the rocket. It breaks apart and falls into the sea.

August 2012

Kim visits the same military unit behind a 2010 attack on South Korea's Yeonpyeong Island, where he reminds the troops to be ready to fight a "sacred war" against Seoul.

January 2013

North Korea announces it is planning a new attack and more long-range rocket launches, all of which it says are part of a new phase of confrontation with the United States.

The threats come two days after the U.N. Security Council approves the broadening of sanctions in response to the rocket launch in December that apparently put a satellite in orbit.

February 2013

Angered by U.N. Security Council sanctions over its nuclear test, North Korea threatens for the first time to launch a preemptive strike against the U.S. and South Korea.

It's one of a series of provocative threats and, in some cases, actions by North Korea that begin with Pyongyang saying it is scrapping the 1953 truce that effectively ended the Korean War.

Although U.S. officials don't believe North Korea is in a position to strike the United States, the Obama administration responds to the threat by announcing plans to deploy additional ground-based missile interceptors on the West Coast.

North Korea threatens to attack U.S. and South Korea bases, putting its troops on alert. It announces through state-run media that the military is ready for combat. Pyongyang releases photos that show Kim meeting with military officials with strike plans on U.S. maps visible in the background.

April 2013

Pyongyang warns that it cannot guarantee the safety of safety of embassies and international organizations in the event of armed conflict. Soon after, North Korea warns foreigners to secure shelter or evacuate in case of hostilities

April 5, 2013

Double Dragon II: Wander of Dragons, undoubtably the worst official Double Dragon of all time, is launched at the United States by CYBERFRONT KOREA CORP