10 Year Anniversary of this website

The place to talk everything Double Dragon.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

DojoMaster
Site Admin

10 Year Anniversary of this website

Post by DojoMaster »

So December 2 is going to be our 10 year anniversary since we originally got hosted by Classicgaming.com (which, to me, was when the website really took off and made a name for itself). Back in 2007, Double Dragon itself (the arcade game) turned 20, and I had hoped to do something, anything, to celebrate. But due to distractions and my job situation at the time, I never got around to any celebration.

I don't want to have a repeat of 2007 if I can avoid it. Do you guys have any ideas of what we can do to celebrate our big anniversary? It's only a few weeks away, and if there's anything we can do to celebrate, go ahead and drop a suggestion here.
Steve Halfpenny

Re: 10 Year Anniversary of this website

Post by Steve Halfpenny »

Believe it or not, I was contemplating doing a podcast or video represpective or something. Should we join facebook, twitter, etc?! Push for old DD fans to come together again?! Hmmm... I'm not sure! I do wish there were more of us though!

I do cringe at my reviews I'm afraid. Maybe we could commentate on our old postings and stuff... I dunno! I'll scratch my head! I am forever busy these days!
DojoMaster
Site Admin

Post by DojoMaster »

Haha, commenting on our old stuff sounds hilarious. My original writing was horrible! I don't know if anyone paid attention, but I have re-written every single one of my reviews over and over. In fact, I just recently updated all of them because I couldn't stand certain problems with my writing.

I guess we could all write little blurbs about how we came to the website and why we started writing for it.
Steve Halfpenny

That'd be great.

There's a great feature in Retro Gamer I plan to rip off. They all say why they like a particullar title and all answer the same various questions on it. I'll PM you them if you like so we don't see each other's answers and anyone else that's around can join in. Then we can put the whole thing together.

Example of what I mean -

Can you remember the first time you seen Double Dragon?

First guy - "I was 12 and shopping with my parents but it was boring so I went to the video game store and seen some kids playing it. It looked amazing"

Second guy - "I was in my local arcades and there was a group of guys surrounding a new cabnet in the corner. I couldn't quite see what it was..."

etc, etc.

Get it? Who's in? If you like I can just post the questions on here and start a new topic or something. I don't think we should post our answers though. Like I say, secrecy and whatnot and we have an interesting article where we're not affected by other people's answers! I shall work on this...

As for my reviews, I absolutely cringe. I think I was far too nice on my C64 review mind. It was MUCH worse than simply saying it was the worst arcade game conversion ever! ;)
Steve Halfpenny

You know, on the reviews, you could just add a "Thoughts Ten Years Later..." bit at the bottom and we could add to em! At least, I'd request this of the reviews I did ;)
DojoMaster
Site Admin

Post by DojoMaster »

No problem. I can add that to your reviews if you really want. Of course, if you fee like updating your reviews too (which I've done to my own), that's great too.
Steve Halfpenny

DojoMaster wrote:No problem. I can add that to your reviews if you really want. Of course, if you fee like updating your reviews too (which I've done to my own), that's great too.

I'll have a think about it. The reviews that I'm not keen are on ports I'd rather forget!
Swainy
Brown Belt

Post by Swainy »

Steve Halfpenny wrote:That'd be great.

There's a great feature in Retro Gamer I plan to rip off. They all say why they like a particullar title and all answer the same various questions on it. I'll PM you them if you like so we don't see each other's answers and anyone else that's around can join in. Then we can put the whole thing together.

Example of what I mean -

Can you remember the first time you seen Double Dragon?

First guy - "I was 12 and shopping with my parents but it was boring so I went to the video game store and seen some kids playing it. It looked amazing"

Second guy - "I was in my local arcades and there was a group of guys surrounding a new cabnet in the corner. I couldn't quite see what it was..."

etc, etc.

Get it? Who's in? If you like I can just post the questions on here and start a new topic or something. I don't think we should post our answers though. Like I say, secrecy and whatnot and we have an interesting article where we're not affected by other people's answers! I shall work on this...

As for my reviews, I absolutely cringe. I think I was far too nice on my C64 review mind. It was MUCH worse than simply saying it was the worst arcade game conversion ever! ;)

I'm up for that, let us have a full list of questions and I'll give em a bash :)
Eddie MountainGoat
Red Belt

Post by Eddie MountainGoat »

I'd also be up for that. It'd be fun to answer, and interesting to see other people's responses.

Are you going to post the questions here, or in a new topic?

And if it's in the forums, how are the answers going to be collected, without us seeing each others?
DojoMaster
Site Admin

Post by DojoMaster »

I think he's going to post the questions here on the board, and you should send a private message to him with your answers. That way other visitors don't see your answers before we post them.