Double Dragon Dojo version 6 is coming

The place to talk everything Double Dragon.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

DojoMaster
Site Admin

Double Dragon Dojo version 6 is coming

Post by DojoMaster »

Ladies and gentlemen, it is time once again to update the Dojo. While I am quite proud of the current design's simplistic layout, it needs to be updated. So what am I looking for from you? Any help you can provide.

The basic layout of the website will essentially be the same. I think we have everything organized pretty well already, so I don't think we need any massive changes in regards to that.

I'm looking to go with a more modern design, and we certainly don't have to create anything from scratch. What I'm thinking is that we can grab a free website template off of one of the numerous websites out there (for instance, http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/), and just modify it as necessary. I'd like to keep the blue/red theme going, and stick with a light background. Black just hurts your eyes when you venture away from the website or spend too much time viewing it.

I need to be able to work with whatever template we go with in FrontPage, so CSS templates will probably be OK. But really advanced stuff might be a problem.

If anyone has some ideas for templates, or how to put our content into a new template, please post here. Thanks.
cartman
Yellow Belt

Re: Double Dragon Dojo version 6 is coming

Post by cartman »

Why does it have to be changed? I don't like these pointless modernisations that all sites seem to get at one time or another. It's nice and simply, everything looks fine already.
Steve Halfpenny

Post by Steve Halfpenny »

cartman wrote:Why does it have to be changed? I don't like these pointless modernisations that all sites seem to get at one time or another. It's nice and simply, everything looks fine already.

Whilst I agree with Mike I miss the way Classic Gaming used to look. You really brought back memories when you posted that flashback.
DojoMaster
Site Admin

Post by DojoMaster »

I'm just glad that I had the foresight to take a screengrab when that news article was posted 10 years ago. Man, how time flies.

As for the change: well, it wouldn't be a massive change. The organization, the reviews, the structure - all of that would be the same. I'm just looking for a more modern layout. We've changed our layout at least five times over the years. If you like this current layout a lot... well, that's because we changed. I'm still looking at different layouts, but man do my web design skills suck. I'm going to need help to get this one going.
DinLee
Purple Belt

Post by DinLee »

I read that title completely wrong :(
DojoMaster
Site Admin

Post by DojoMaster »

Now that we know the series is alive and kicking again, maybe we should work on this update for the site. Anyone have any templates they think would work well with our current format?

For instance, would anyone be capable of modifying this template to a light blue format: http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/pre ... llofduty2/
DojoMaster
Site Admin

Post by DojoMaster »

I still haven't found any templates that I can work with and which look good for what I want to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, I changed Steve Halfpenny's title. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. He's now an Associate Editor along with Johnny Undaunted. Cloudmann has had his title modified to Contributing Writer because I can't really get a hold of him so he's not really on call as staff whenever I need something. It makes more sense this way in case I never manage to get in touch with him again (I haven't been able to contact WillyMan, who made the Double Dragon II shrine, for a decade now).

Three cheers for Steve!
Steve Halfpenny

Post by Steve Halfpenny »

Here, here.

Is Johnny still around? You never hear from him now and he knew more about DD and Technos than anyone.
DojoMaster
Site Admin

Post by DojoMaster »

He seems to still be around. He eventually responds to any emails I send him.

By the way, got any ideas for a new Dojo design that is fairly similar to the current one, but more modern?
DinLee
Purple Belt

Post by DinLee »

Are we talking about the main site? I feel the Forums could use an update to if that's something you're up for.