Street Fighter X Tekken

The area for all those other video games.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Steve Halfpenny

Street Fighter X Tekken

Post by Steve Halfpenny »

Well, the internet is talking about this one that's for sure. For me the best thing about it was the way it was announced...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Ug9CZHpCs

If this can happen, anything can. So there's hope for Double Dragon yet.
KRAL
Yellow Belt

Re: Street Fighter X Tekken

Post by KRAL »

ive also heard they are bringing out 2 seperate games..
1 for street fighter fans and 1 for tekken fans..

i have my doubts about this game..
like none of the Tekken players have any type of "Hadouken"
and now you can dash through them to avoid getting hit..
so essentially they've made hadoukens weaker?

it seems to me like they are just whoring the brands..

itll never be as good as
X-Men v Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, Marvel vs Street Fighter
and more recently DC vs MK.
Steve Halfpenny

Post by Steve Halfpenny »

KRAL wrote:it seems to me like they are just whoring the brands..

itll never be as good as
X-Men v Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, Marvel vs Street Fighter
and more recently DC vs MK.

I disagree with all of that.

It's a money spinner for sure but the plan is to aim it at actual fighting game fans, much like Capcom Vs SNK. I'll always prefer the growth of a series over a crossover but I can't see either game being bad, especially with the SFIV engine in place. They know their audience and how to please both casuals and hardcore nutjobs.

I never liked the Marvel games personally. They were completely over the top arcade button bashers, required little skill half the time and had zero depth really (though I hear Capcom Vs Marvel 3 is much better). There's nothing wrong with that of course but they didn't appeal to me.

DC Vs MK cannot not compete with anything Capcom or Namco do; typical MK fare, one for casuals and nobody else. Again, little skill needed, though I must admit that some ideas were very well thought out and the actual look wasn't bad. Just another typically poor MK game, that's all.

As for your comments about Tekken characters not having any kind of fireball attack... so what? I know serious SF players who can batter just about anybody with none fireball characters. It's all about the skill, my friend.
KRAL
Yellow Belt

Post by KRAL »

Hadoukens are a huge part of any street fighter game
especially if you have a defensive strategy..
any real competitive SF player will no doubt utilize it if the character has the ability.

The only really good thing that the tekken players have got going are high combos, easier grapple move system.. and some 1HKO moves.

i personally think that some of the overused SF characters are much too overpowering for any Tekken characters.. im curious to see how they pan that out to make things even.

i dont think its possible to get a good balance without taking away from one or the other..
even if two games are released..
if you get the SF version ur gona kick the crap out of the tekken players
if you get tekken version ur gona kick the crap out of the sf players

i hope im wrong though.
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.rutuchkasultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru
Davidsomma
Red Belt

-

Post by Davidsomma »

It could also be 6.,7. or 8.AprilThey cannot say for sure.The thing that pisses me off is when someone even mentiones that Layne killed himself on 5.April,Kurt,blablablaIt has nothing to do with it,and as I said maybe it was 6.,7.,...
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт