Is the Double Dragon Engine or Construction Set Available

The place for all the fan-made Double Dragon games.

Moderators: Steve Halfpenny, Jonny2x4

Swainy
Brown Belt

Re: Is the Double Dragon Engine or Construction Set Availabl

Post by Swainy »

Well I've put everything into the same folder and I'm still getting the same message.

Unless I'm missing a file or something?
JimmyLee
Purple Belt

Post by JimmyLee »

Weird, it was supposed to display an open file dialog.

Are the maps inside the DATA folder? (1-11.bkg , 1-11.dat, 1-11.stg) ?

Well, I have a machine with Linux / Windows 7 dual boot now, I will do more tests on Windows 7.
Swainy
Brown Belt

Post by Swainy »

Yeah all those files are in there...
miguelo777
White Belt

Post by miguelo777 »

definitively this is one of that big surprises that sometimes you find in the net... 8-)

thanks a lot cleber! :).

im a big fan of your fangame, and i was really sad when i hear all that "problem", the same "problem" that bomberlink (streets of rage remake maker) was with sega after 8 years of work...

i have to say it:
sincerelly, to the hell!! :evil: with all that companys that punish fans with poor quality games, and that attacks fangame creators just for sell us the same old thing on the ipad :x.

is a true shame. they have all the tools, people and money possible... but they have to attack fangame makers, just because dont have the bravery to make a new good game. showing its incapacity and cowardliness for cant make a game better that one maked by a fan programmer :evil:

said this, please, i have a important question about this:
make a engine for beat en up games, plus a mod for ddf separately is enought for avoid ugly copyright traps?

i dont have none idea of law, but i really hope that yes :) .

because im still sad after i follow streets of rage remake for 8 years, just for see that the game cant be finished. when it simply lacks a simple patch for fix little errors. but thanks to those damn... :evil: now all are gone.

but man, if this works, who knows... :)
maybe sorrv5 creator thinks about this posibiblity, and him do the same in some years. :?:

apart, other common thing beetwhen this 2 fangames are that sorrv5 also comes with a mod editor, but since the game was prohibited, not too much mods appears.

now about your game, it works perfectly for me in windows 7.
yeah the data folder must be placed along with that dll file needed in the folder with the game. then the game works perfect for me :D.

but is truth, the level editor dont works by now.

anyway, have you seen the level editor that bomberlink makes for sorrv5? it are very easy and cool. (you can select one enemy by the icon, and by point and click just put that enemy in the part of the stage map that you wanted. is really easy and useful).

greetings. and please sorry my limited english.
ddragon4life
Yellow Belt

Post by ddragon4life »

JimmyLee wrote:It won't run because there's no MOD.
You need to put the latest DDF mod with it.
Someone posted a link in the DDF 0.9.1 thread.

Hey Jimmy lee!

long time no see I was on the old forums a l long time ago. I don't know if you remember me but i contributed some custom sprite rips and wav files for an earlier build back in the day.i used to be on the whole openbor scene I had to make a new profile here i haven't been on in so long i forgot my log in info... :mrgreen:

i am having the same problem on windows 7 64 bit. i couldn't even get version 9.0 to run on windows 7 until i placed the folder in a root directory for some reason. try that. some older programs wont run if the directory name is too long i just put the older files in C: Double Dragon Forever and ran in 98/me compatibility. that got version 9.0 to run again but i am still having trouble getting 9.1 set up along with the engine. any help would be appreciated.
wildebeast
Black Belt

Re: Is the Double Dragon Engine or Construction Set Available

Post by wildebeast »

wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »

сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтtuchkasсайтсайт
wildebeast
Black Belt

Post by wildebeast »